“Perfect place in a perfect place”
Review of Open Hearth Inn

Open Hearth Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Trenton B&B and Inns
Long Beach, New York, United States
“Perfect place in a perfect place”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Stayed in a cabin (#5) for 3 nights. It was exactly what we were hoping for. It was very clean and well kept with a very comfortable bed. We just needed a comfy place to stay after hiking around Acadia during the days. For a great insight as to where to go in the area, speak with Chuck (the owner). He is a great guy to get to know and chat with while enjoying the best fresh muffins that you'll ever have.

Room Tip: The private cabins are just the right size for 2 people just looking for a clean and comfortable pla...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I waited until the last minute unfortunately, to book a hotel for our 2 nights we were staying in the Acadia NP area on our road trip. Finding something in a reasonable price was very difficult! There aren't many big chain hotels, mostly small inns and motels, bnbs, etc. The pricing for July at most of them was outrageous, and after doing some searching, I found Open Hearth Inn. I was glad I did! We were there for 2 nights, and we only slept there, as we were gone all day with activities. We stayed in one of the motel/apartments, which was spacious for our family of 4. The cottages had been sold out, but upon seeing them from the outside, I think they would have been too small for all of us anyway. Our motel room came with 2 beds, futon, dresser, small kitchenette area with a microwave and refrigerator, and a small bathroom. It was very clean, which is the thing I always value the most. My only complaint was that our air conditioner wasn't working very well, and it was a bit muggy in the room. I think the main wall unit must have been broken, as a small window unit was in and it wasn't enough to cool the entire room down. They had also put a standing floor fan in to help. When my husband told them about the AC the morning after our first stay, the said they would look into it, but when we returned that evening, nothing had been done. Again, we were only there 2 nights, so it wasn't a big deal.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Norwich, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We were attending a wedding near Bar Harbor, and finding affordable lodging in that area in July can be challenging. At first we thought we would have to stay nearly an hour away, and then I found the Open Hearth for considerably less money and right across the bridge! We stayed in a lodge room with our 21 year old daughter--we had a king and she had a futon which she said was comfortable. The room was cozy for 3, but more than adequate for our needs, and even had a fridge and microwave. The hosts were very friendly and helpful with directions, etc. The morning muffins were wonderful. The water temp was a bit touchy, so you just have to be careful with that, and the one night we slept with the windows open we did hear the tour planes from down the road buzzing over. Still, I would love to go back and stay in one of the little cabins sometime. Get a blueberry cheesecake muffin if you can!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2012 via mobile

This inn is a walk thru time. I had a bedroom cabin. I love places that remind me of the past. One reason why I chose this other than price. Cabin is old but clean. Very shabby chic which I love. A light continental breakfast served every day. Thumbs up on the muffins. Innkeeper very knowledgable and gave me some fantastic tips.

• Stayed July 2012
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Was attracted by the price but pleasantly surprised with all the amenities. Owner/manager was very helpful on how we could best spend our 2 days in Acadia National Park. Further, his advice was dead-on accurate. Continental breakfast was more than ample. Room was very large, bed was top-end with quality pillows. Room was very clean on arrival and properly maintained for night number 2. Only downside to the room was the extreme variation in water temperature: scalding hot one moment and ice cold moments later. Overall, our two nights provided more value than expected. If you are looking for a well priced room within a short drive to Bar Harbor or the national park try this establishment.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Bethlehem, NH
Reviewed 3 July 2012 via mobile

Love this place. Great location just before the island and park. Great place to stay clean comfy cabin. Simple and easy place to be . Outstanding helpful staff and owners . They gave us great ideas for riding routes one better than the other. They really made our trip we saw things would have never seen without their help. The beds were so comfortable I slept better than at home. I recommend this place over any crazy place on the island. Prices are just right very reasonable a great value

• Stayed July 2012
Glenburn Center, Maine, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My boyfriend has been working down by the Harbor since March, painting the new Marina they just built. We're from the Bangor area which isn't that far from Bar Harbor but we wanted to stay close so we didn't have far of a drive the next morning. The lady that checked us in was so nice and very welcoming! Even turned the lights on in our cabin since we arrived at 9pm. We got into the cabin and it was just wonderful! We had an employee/friend of ours stay with us also so we got the cabin with the two rooms with the bathroom in the middle so we had some privacy :) (Cabin 3/4) Felt like I was upta camp, which I love! Airconditioning was amazing, left it on while sleeping but had to shut it off in the middle of the night because it was cold which means...thats one hell of an airconditioner! Beds were so comfortable, slept like a baby, and we actually slept in an hour past our alarm :O... :D.The next morning we got up and had breakfast in the office which was very good, yogurt, muffins, and fresh coffee. Checked out and went straight to the Marina to work. Got a call a couple hours later, from the man at the front desk saying that we left a T-shirt and sweatpants behind and offered to have an employee bring them to us!! (WOW, that exceeded exellent guest service right there! I'm also a front desk clerk at a Marriott in Bangor so I know all about guest service!) But we we're headed back that way to go home so we just picked them up there! Again, very nice hotel and I will definitely stay here in the feature and also recommend it to the guests at my hotel that visit Bar Harbor in the summer :)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trenton
Belle Isle Motel
Acadia Sunrise Motel
Acadia Sunrise Motel
#1 of 3 in Trenton
Narrows Too Camping Resort

Been to Open Hearth Inn? Share your experiences!