“A port in the storm, and not bad for that.”

Acadia Gateway Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Trenton
Reviewed 5 August 2014

It's definitely inexpensive. And when our son broke his arm at the end of our trip, and the pain made sleeping in a tent on the ground a non-starter, we were able to grab a night here for him and Grandma, and move to another, bigger, nicer room the next day so that the rest of us could stage there before starting the long drive home. The teenytiny bandbox room we got the first night was actually quite nice. I wouldn't stay in it with more than one other person but for me it would have been perfect.

If being in Acadia is more important than the number of stars on the accommodation: you are saving money; you are relatively close to MDI; and you are saving money. (A lobster pound - there is one right across the road - would be a great place to spend some of those savings.) Quite acceptably clean, and for me sleeping under a roof is more important than a Belgian-chocolate mint on a down pillow with 500-count sheets.

If, for you, the hotel is the place you sleep between days spending your money on what you really came here to do, consider.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank DonnTheHiker

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I booked the room last minute, and it was the cheapest - so, i guess i got what i paid for. The pictures looked quaint, good location - not too far from the park, so i went ahead with it. I wasnt expecting much based on the price, a clean room and a bed to sleep in after a long day of hiking.. but we didnt even end up staying. When we checked in, the guy at the desk was really nice. The outside seemed welcoming and cute but we were more than disappointed when we got into our room. The smell alone when you first walk in is enough to make you want to turn around. Smelled old - like mothballs, i even sprayed perfume to try to mask it but that didnt help. The toilet was broken, once i flushed it the water continued to run. We left, went into bar harbor and came back and it was still going. I was scared to lay on the bed it looked so sketch. We were exausted, but luckily were only about a 3 hour drive away so we grabbed out stuff, left the key in the box and headed home. A 3 hour drive after a non stop day of hiking was better than sleeping there. We just could not get comfotable at all. Id reccomend paying the extra few bucks and staying somewhere a bit nicer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Belle L
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We spend 2 nights in the motel. We found motel to be very clean Casey/Staszek was very helpful and entertaining. Our stay was very pleasant, lobseter and smoked mussels across were delicious. Definitely it is a place that we would come back too and recommend to people with family and animals.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank zoelola1
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Wonderful helpful and friendly folks run this fun and peaceful motel. What a difference it made in my trip to have been greeted by such helpful and friendly people. I was new to the area, navigated around with Casey's help or I would have gotten lost for sure. Coffee was good with some nice donuts. But the most awesome thing was that Casey gave me a pass to Acadia Nat. Park to drive around and see it all before I left. A guest had left it, and he was thoughtful enough to share it with me. Thank you for a wonderful stay in your very clean & comfortable motel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank SeaweedSara
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I spent three nights while in the area, and found the hotel conveniently located. While a "no frills" accommodation, my room was clean and the bed comfortable. Since I spend very little time actually in the hotel while traveling, it was perfect for me. The window air conditioner drowned out any of the street noise other reviews have noted. The owner was friendly and eager to offer suggestions on places to go, things to do, where to eat, etc.

Room Tip: I had a room not facing the road, which was apparently quieter than other reviewers have noted.
Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank lauralizzie
Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

Good price, good service, friendly and helpful owners. We found everything to be clean. The location was perfect! Wifi and cable tv and microwave and fridge were a pleasent surprise for the price. Thanks for 4 great nights!!! Hope to be back again sometime..

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Tomermosko
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I'm staying here while working in the area and have a nice little efficiency room. It's clean and comfortable and very affordable. No, it isn't ultra modern, but it has everything I need. And I personally prefer not to contribute to the chain motels...I love the hominess of a family owned business and the owners bend over backwards to make sure I'm happy.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank boglakers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trenton
Ramada Ellsworth
Isleview Motel and Cottages
Colonial Inn
Colonial Inn
#8 of 10 in Ellsworth

Been to Acadia Gateway Motel? Share your experiences!