“Good food - great beer - helpful owners”
Review of Badger Cafe

Badger Cafe
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Union
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I biked up from Camden to dine here after reading the reviews on trip advisor and found it to be a really nice experience. So nice in fact that we drove up the next day for a second lunch.

We were told by our server that the owners were 'beer aficionados' so we tried a few of there more unusual offerings and really enjoyed them.

The food was straight forward and fresh. Both days we consistently had good food, good beer and good service. The owners gave us some recommendations on where to bike and they were spot on.

If you're going to Camden I would recommend making the trek out here-it's well worth it!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The food here is consistently good- I had their fried chicken and it was moist and crispy... really quite good. This is a small locally owned restaurant with a small staff. People are friendly and helpful. If you're in a hurry, go to a fast food place. This is the kind of restaurant where you just settle down, relax and eat good food served by friendly staff- no rushing!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

usually a great place to get breakfast went there today and they muffed up pretty good it took over an hour for our breakfast to arrive all the while the head cook was walking around dining area chatting our food was cold and and incorrect one person ended up eating nothing but the 5 slices of potato that was supposed to be a home fries side my side of corn beef hash ans side of homefries was obviously forgotten and quickly grabbed out of my friends plate an slapped on a saucer very very let down with the service care put into our food wich is usually very very good

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I've been to this restaurant many times and have always been pleased with the service and the meals . But my last visit spoiled it for me . I decided to try the fried chicken, mainly because several other tables were having it and it looked delicious . Wrong move ! When my order came the chicken was mahogany colored ,over cooked, dry and burnt tasting . It was so obviously overdone that the wait person seemed to be waiting for me to send it back when she put it in front of me . But because I was with several friends I didn't want to send it back and start eating long after they did. So I salvaged what i could and decided to write this review . I've always given this place a four but they're going to have to earn it back with consistent quality and service for the next several visits or I write them off .

Reviewed 25 August 2013

It's kind of a hike from our place out to Union, but we never regret the trip. We generally go to The Badger for breakfast on Sunday because we enjoy the food and the waitstaff, both good and lots of fun. Most recently my wife had the Dirty Breakfast Burrito (generously stuffed with scrambled eggs, bacon and avocado slices and topped by a spicy sauce) and I had The Taco of Love (scrambled egg and sausage rolled in a pancake)-- both more than yummy. There are standard items of fare on the menu and whimsical things as well. The same can be said of the bar-- who else offers the Appleton Ridge Mimosa (PBR and orange juice)?......