“Inn at Lathones”

Ranked #1 of 1 Lathones B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Inn at Lathones”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from the Inn at Lathones overnight Valentines dinner package. The room in the coachman's building was lovely with a huge shower room. The Valentines dinner was a great success. The reception and dining room staff were friendly and attentive .The seven course dinner was delicious and we were not rushed once throughout the whole evening. The Inn is a bit far out from St Andrews. A wee mini bus would make it more appealing for getting in and out to town for guests.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Having been here before for afternoon tea and it being one of the best around, my friend and I decided to book up for an afternoon tea birthday treat. Never again!!! Unless I am living on another planet, afternoon tea generally comes with a small selection of sandwich fingers, scones, and a selection of little cakes - be it cream meringue, macaroons, shortbread, etc. Not here!! We had to order A sandwich which came before the cakes......then arrived our "treats"! On the plate were 2 scones (which I must admit were lovely), 2 slices of carrot cake (with no frosting), an almond sponge (which was tasteless), 2 slices of date loaf and a couple of bits of shortbread. NOT what we expected having been here previously for the same thing!!! To say we were disappointed is an understatement! The staff were friendly, however a bit TOO attentive as our waitress kept interrupting our conversation - but better that than shoddy service nonetheless! However, after this experience, I will most certainly not be back again I'm afraid as it is definitely not the place it used to be.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 588mumee
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Had a lovely weekend stay at the Inn recently and must admit, it is the staff that make this place :)) everyone was friendly and very helpful!
I was taken unwell just before I arrived, but everyone at the Inn did their very best to make sure I was comfortable. Which I was :) My room was spacious, clean and private...and the food being served in the restaurant looked wonderful, albeit my stomach was having none of it! haha.

Overall, I would stay here again absolutely! Big thanks to all at The Inn at Lathones! :)x

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Booked 2 days prior to arrival and was allocated the smallest room we have ever stayed in. We've been around the world once but found this place a real find. The exterior of the Inn does not bare the hallmarks of a welcoming cosy abode, don't be fooled. Yes, a weeks worth of a painting contractor would absolutely transfrom first impressions. The welcoming staff were excellent and helpful on local knowledge. Our room, was small, room 6, but made up for in comfort, amenities and warmth. There was more storage facilities there than most of the upmarket European hotel rooms. Flat screen tv and an amazingly comfortable bed with 5* linen. The bedroom windows should be modernised. Bar and restaurant very nice and relaxing, bar prices not ridiculous and food prices a steal for the quantity and quality given. Yes the wine list is a bit high in price but they have some serious wines on their list. One thing that caught our attention was the radio being played in the bar area and you could faintly hear it at your meal. Surely background realaxing music is better than hearing a road traffic report or a disaster occuring in some land far away. We go away to escape, not to listen to reality.

Room Tip: All rooms are a gem, you get what you pay for.
torrance,glasgow
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed at the Inn on a Saturday night just to get away from it all after Christmas. We stayed in a deluxe room which was excellent with plenty of space. We ate our evening meal in the restaurant which was very atmospheric and the food was excellent. Breakfast was just as good. The only slight down side was the price of a large glass of sauvignon blanc in the bar. Whilst they may just about get away with this at the likes of Gleneagles at £8.00 ( no not a typo) it was a bit steep . Having said all that it was a great break and I would stay again though next time I think I'll take my own bottle. Oh forgot to mention all the staff are really great and a wee problem with my bill was sorted without any fuss so well done.

Room Tip: No 21 was very nice.
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

My husband decided we were going away for New Year as he had been ill over Christmas. Booked Hogmanay package! Must say we were disappointed with our Scottish New Year... 'One of Fifes finest DJ's' i don't think so, asked for requests(never played ours) played 60's, 70's few 80's possibly 1/2 up to date, yes ok clientle was largely over 55 but cater for everyone! Music kept stopping midway through till he twiddled a few wires! Midnight came.... Music turned down and he says 'right thats it.. Happy New yr' music back up???!!? Even the lovely Scottish couple we were sat with said it was a disgrace and went to bed. On the plus side staff were very attentive, meals were wonderful and rooms were clean, comfortable and value for money. Would i stay again? Yes! Would i go for Hogmanay again? No.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Helg24
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Booked a two night stay for my partner and I after reading reviews on trip advisor. Cost £100 per night for the room, the toilet smelled of dampness and faeces, I was balking. The residents next door had a dog which continually barked. Hotel is run down and requires money spent updating. Meal in the hotel was lovely and staff were very friendly. We won't be returning. Very poor.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alysonno1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lathones
Drumoig Golf Hotel
#1 of 1 in Leuchars
Hotel Du Vin
Hotel Du Vin
#5 of 17 in St Andrews

Been to The Inn at Lathones? Share your experiences!