“18-30 staff”

Ranked #1 of 1 Lathones B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“18-30 staff”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My husband and I recently spent a few nights at lathones after reading a few reviews on here and thinking the location was ideal for a couple of lovely days out in the surrounding area. The location along with the food in the restaurant were probably the best thing about this establishment.
We were greeted by a lovely women on the reception upon arrival. We made our way to our room which if had been made up to any other hotel standard would have been fabulous as they were a lovely size and nicely decorated. The bathrooms on the other hand let the room down, cheap looking flooring and what can only be described as the last occupants hair in the jacuzzi as well as streaky white clean product everywhere.
I know everyone makes mistakes at times and can accept that but after leaving the restaurant after a fabulous meal one evening the smell my husband told me was unmistakably marigauna followed by two colleagues walking around the corner and disposing a dubious cigarette.
The next morning as we were about to depart the housekeeping girls were having a carry on which we heard a few rooms away and the language was terrible.
I expected better staffing from what could be a fantastic little getaway

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank MrsDouglas68

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stashed here last week for 2nights. The food was exceptional, beautifully cooked to order. The staff were very friendly and the room was comfortable and warm. The free WiFi was very useful. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dumfries
Reviewed 6 March 2014

If I hadn't had a booking I would have driven past without a second glance. That would have been a big mistake. The unassuming exterior from the roadside is very misleading. The staff are first class, the room has the most comfortable hotel bed ever, and the food is great at both breakfast and dinner. Staff made sure all or needs are met (we're still here as I write), and are friendly and welcoming. With a last minute booking and without high expectations, we've landed in clover this time. Will definitely be back

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kirkcaldy
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed here recently overnight. we were greeted by the Ast Manager, very nice, excellent service, so far so good. We were shown to the room by the manager, again very impressed with our room, great views, large bathroom and very clean, if I was to be picky, there was a hole in the duvet cover and the sheet, but the beds were very comfortable and clean. Could have done with a larger TV.

So we were looking forward to dinner, as so far all very good. .Nice lounge area with log fire.
So to the down side. We ordered a steak and chicken. My husband had to take out a lump of steak out of his mouth as it was impossible to chew. My chicken was very dry. We mentioned this to the Ast. Manager, his attitude totally changed. I told him that I would discuss this later as I did not want any other customers overhearing. he took the food away and came back stating abruptly that the chef wanted to know now what was wrong.
The manager then came across and asked what we wanted him to do about this, I thought this was a no brainer myself. He asked if we wanted our drinks take off our bill. We refused this as I said that we had enjoyed the drinks and were willing to pay for them. he then left. the next day he was not available and I noted that we had been charged for the meals the assistant manager came into the reception and promptly turned away.
I had no alternative but to pay the bill and leave a message for the manager. I was informed he would phone the next day, NO PHONE CALL. I phoned back and again I was told the same thing, I even left my e-mail, 5 days later and further phone calls NOTHING. Very poor customer service, I would not return

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Royalnavy
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from the Inn at Lathones overnight Valentines dinner package. The room in the coachman's building was lovely with a huge shower room. The Valentines dinner was a great success. The reception and dining room staff were friendly and attentive .The seven course dinner was delicious and we were not rushed once throughout the whole evening. The Inn is a bit far out from St Andrews. A wee mini bus would make it more appealing for getting in and out to town for guests.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Having been here before for afternoon tea and it being one of the best around, my friend and I decided to book up for an afternoon tea birthday treat. Never again!!! Unless I am living on another planet, afternoon tea generally comes with a small selection of sandwich fingers, scones, and a selection of little cakes - be it cream meringue, macaroons, shortbread, etc. Not here!! We had to order A sandwich which came before the cakes......then arrived our "treats"! On the plate were 2 scones (which I must admit were lovely), 2 slices of carrot cake (with no frosting), an almond sponge (which was tasteless), 2 slices of date loaf and a couple of bits of shortbread. NOT what we expected having been here previously for the same thing!!! To say we were disappointed is an understatement! The staff were friendly, however a bit TOO attentive as our waitress kept interrupting our conversation - but better that than shoddy service nonetheless! However, after this experience, I will most certainly not be back again I'm afraid as it is definitely not the place it used to be.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 588mumee
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Had a lovely weekend stay at the Inn recently and must admit, it is the staff that make this place :)) everyone was friendly and very helpful!
I was taken unwell just before I arrived, but everyone at the Inn did their very best to make sure I was comfortable. Which I was :) My room was spacious, clean and private...and the food being served in the restaurant looked wonderful, albeit my stomach was having none of it! haha.

Overall, I would stay here again absolutely! Big thanks to all at The Inn at Lathones! :)x

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lathones
Drumoig Golf Hotel
#1 of 1 in Leuchars
Hotel Du Vin
Hotel Du Vin
#5 of 17 in St Andrews

Been to The Inn at Lathones? Share your experiences!