“Wow, what a find!”

Warleigh House
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Wow, what a find!”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

A spectacular place in the most tranquil of settings by the river. As another reviewer has said, an opportunity to stay in a real country house. This is a beautifully restored home, with some work still in progress. It's already stunning - take the chance to go soon and see how it's coming along. We stayed in a huge four poster suite with our own separate sitting room and the most amazing bathroom with roll top bath, Jack & Jill basins, double shower and lovely heated floor. Breakfast was lovely, in the owners' sitting room overlooking the river, and our host could not have done more for us. We'll be back!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

This is a great opportunity to stay in a country house, which most of us wouldn't get chance to do. Of course dont stay here if you like modern, or you want to be near facilities. The suite was massive and very clean and tidy considering the age of the property. Breakfast was great and service was fine for us. Very polite and I'm sure we could have asked anything but we dont like service to be too overly attentive. I think we had great value for money on the rate we paid, but I would hesitate to pay the full rate. Also as this should be a luxury experience, I think that a few more luxury touches would be appropriate such as better toiletries and hospitality tray

• Stayed February 2014
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

What a wonderful way to spend an evening! The house was stunning, like walking through pages of a Jane Austen novel. Our host at breakfast went out of his way to make us feel welcome and that we would be leaving with very full, satisfied tummies! Stay here, touch history and feel like royalty.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Ambleside, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2014

The house is truly wonderful. Our room excellent in every way and the bathroom with its under floor heating and roll top bath great. The welcome we received at the door on arrival wasn't good and made us feel a little unwelcome. However,one of the owners, Stephen, was charming at breakfast the next morning. On the whole we loved this stay and would definitely recommend to friends.
ps.It would be lovely to see a roaring fire in the amazing main room!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jackspur
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

We were looking for accommodation as we were attending a family get together on the outskirts of Plymouth.we found .Warleigh House through a hotel booking site.the reviews and photos looked good so we booked.We were not disappointed.Warleigh House which I can only describe as a small stately home is located in large grounds at the end of a roughish drive.We were met by Stephen who welcomed us with a smile and showed us to our room upstairs from a baronial hall.i said a room.Wow. It was a huge suite.an enormous bedroom with four poster bed,a separate sitting room with giant tv and a huge marble floored bathroom (underfloor heating)with rolledtop bath separate shower/wet room complete with deluge shower. we spent a blissful night sleeping on quality bedding .Next morning a fine breakfast served in a room overlooking the river completed or stay..We paid £99 for our night of luxury which we considered a bargain.We will be back..

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alstel46
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We ended up here - my ex, his wife and I (we get on fine) at Warleigh House because one of our children had an serious accident and was in hospital at Derriford. We live over 200 miles away. Tim found this place and I am so glad he did.

After a stressful day I think it is what we all needed - a place of peace and calm and so totally different from our own homes in scale.

Steven was welcoming and opened the door before we reached it. He showed us the two rooms available - my ex is tall so - yay - i got the suite because the 4 poster bed looked shorter - i don't know if it is. Beautiful sheets, good mattress, I slept well for me. The rooms are beautiful - the whole place is. Walking along the gallery from the Lady Radcliffe suite was evoking thoughts of how the past may have been. Beautiful china on the tray - real coffee and cafetiere - loved it!

The rooms are beautifully decorated and turned out - very clean as well - even with all the mouldings. Congratulations to the young lady i spoke to, but failed to ask her name - I am sorry for that. She was lovely and listened to me about why we were there.

Waking early i went for a walk in such a beautiful, tranquil setting. I was very grateful for the peace. I helped me for the day.

Breakfast - i liked the coffee v much, breakfast - another beautiful room. Breakfast was good but I think one proper local sausage is better than 2 not so good. Maybe slightly better bread too? But presentation perfect and a view which me smile.

A friendly goodbye
YES I WOULD GO BACK!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jen R
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

A real gem. One of the finest places we have ever stayed. Great room, massive bathroom views over the Tamar. Only 10 minutes into Plymouth City centre yet feels like your in the country. Stephen is a great host and has undertaken a project the Nation should thank him for. Will come again for a few nights as opposed to being in a hurry.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with a view over the river