“At home among kindred spirits.”

Le Vatout Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 6 Waldoboro B&B and Inns
“At home among kindred spirits.”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

My new wife and I chose Le Vatout as our honeymoon spot; we were rewarded beyond expectations. Dominika and Linda treated us to warmth, love, good food, intelligent conversation and new artistic friends. Dominika's cooking was simply splendid. Fresh. Organic. Real, and from the heart. We highly recommend Le Vatout and would be happy to return. Go there, converse often, eat well and be happy. :)

Peter and Elizabeth

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
newlondon, nh
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I can no longer hold back on my disappointment with my experience with Le Vatout.
My wife and I recently spent two terrific nights at the Mill Pond Inn in Damariscotta Mills, Me. not many miles from Le Vatout. Our original choice had been Le Vatout, but after leaving a voice mail asking to be called back and hearing nothing after a day and a half, I initiated another call.
Imagine my surprise when after talking with Linda I was told we don't want your [--] business.
In fairness Dominika called me eventually and explained there were emotional issues.
I have tried to hold back from posting this review as some of her explanations made sense.
The bottom line, however, is that another reviewer had the same complaint about bad language and the Mill Pond Inn, not far away was so pleasant that my wife and I decided that potential guests shoud be aware of the choices.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank newlondon1
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I expected, that people running a b&b would by the time be tired of giving insider advices to customers - but at the Le Vatout I was disabused: Dominika listen to my preferences, my time-budget and suggested my a tour (incl. printing out a map, making marks and giving detailed instructions how to find the places), which turned out to be perfect for me.
Furthermore the room was very nice, beautifuly furnished. The house has a very familiar athomsphere - from the common rooms, the garden to the joint breakfast.
The b&b is perfectly situated in between different destinations and easy to be found.
Dominika and Linda, thanx for the great time and your support!

Room Tip: If you book directly on there webpage you get the same prices like if you book on the usual platform...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Darien, Connecticut
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Our stay at Le Vatout this past weekend was nothing short of lovely. Our hostesses (Dominika and Linda) were wonderful. They made us feel welcome and at home. The house and garden is beautiful, our breakfast superb, our room (goldfinch) very comfortable, the atmosphere truly relaxing. We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tom D
Brunswick, Maine
Reviewed 11 August 2013

A family gathering.....a wonderful weekend at Le Vatout that embraced us all! The food, delicious, local fare with fresh herbs from the garden...The rooms, clean and comfortable with a bevy books to read and fresh air breezes from open windows. The garden, paths through flowers and birds and herbs....quiet and peaceful. A river nearby where we sat on stones and lay in the water cooling down bodies and thoughts. We slept well, ate well and had wonderful visits with Dominque and Linda at the lovely welcoming table adorn with fresh flowers from the garden. So many interesting pieces of art and decor all about this wonderful homestead adds a layer of visual enhancement and intrigue. We will certainly be back and we highly recommend this special space and place of genuine and nurturing hospitality!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank christine d
North Dakota
Reviewed 1 August 2013

When we arrived for our one night stay, we found that Dominika had upgraded us from the chickadee room to the nuthatch because no one was in the nuthatch and it was a little larger. This also meant that we were the only ones using the shared bathroom which we liked. This bathroom was quite large, clean and had a nice sized shower. The low ceiling by the sink made the mirror a little ackward, but other then that no problems. Dominika provided us with a large bowl in which we put some beer on ice and we went off to explore the town. We ate at the Narrows Tavern and found the food good and the atmosphere friendly, then enjoyed learning about Waldoboro's ship building history.

Breakfast the next morning was very good. After eating Linda took us across the street and showed us the tail of a large tuna their neighbor had caught, wow--wish we could have seen the whole fish.

The garden was wild, the house rustic and the visit interesting.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank muskrat2
Medellin, Colombia
Reviewed 21 July 2013

At the end of June/2013 I went to Waldoboro for my 30th high school reunion. I went to school there as an exchange student and I hadn’t been in Waldoboro since then. Reading TRIPADVISOR reviews I selected Le Vatout as the place to stay. I made no mistake. The comments about the special care both Dominika and Linda took of their guests were short in their description. They both provided me a wonderful stay and made my 4 days trip as nice and smooth as they could.
Delicious and original breakfasts, very nice coffee, delightful conversation, useful tips regarding where to visit, restaurants to go in the region, etc.
Le Vatout is located right next to Waldoboro downtown, although it is a very quiet place in a strategic sector. It is located a few blocks from a supermarket and from Deb’s dinner (nice lobster rolls).
The infrastructure is the best you could expect from a B&B. Clean room, nice and comfortable bed, clean and nice bathroom. The rest of the house is as it is shown in the pictures. Nice. Cozy and beautiful kitchen/dinner table. Beautiful gardens. In a sunny day, worth to spend time relaxing and contemplating its landscape. I am already planning another visit to Waldoboro to visit friends and Le Vatout is the place where I will stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Carlos M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waldoboro
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockland
Wiscasset Woods Lodge
Wiscasset Woods Lodge
#1 of 1 in Wiscasset
Craignair Inn at Clark Island

Been to Le Vatout Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!