“Wow, Talk About Going Downhill..”
Review of Jade Express

Cuisines: Chinese
Description: Good take out chinese
Description: Good take out chinese
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Since my prior review I started noticing a downward spiralling of the quality of the food, the skimping of the good Chinese vegetables and old/staleness of the rice. I am sorry to say that after my last encounter I've decided not to return (it is a bit out of my way however it use to be worth it). I had been there 7 times after my first and everything we've had had gone yuck! Greasy, mostly stale or old, vegetable substitutions that do not merit the the cost of the meal. Bottom line, based on the current quality of the product, I have to say extremely expensive yuckiness! By the way, I am part Cantonese and have an excellent Asian palate.
This is Take-Out ONLY, the people are nice but food vs. value, in my opinion, is not.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Considering we're in Waldoboro, this is good Chinese take-out. I think the owners and staff are from the Philippines, but close enough for me. Give it a try if you're not expecting more than one should expect from a take-out.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

Egg rolls were burned, chicken fingers had literally no taste. The crab rangoons were okay, but the worst part was that they only give you two teeny tiny containers of duck sauce. I looked at the menu and extra duck sauce is $5.00. That seems like a bit expense for something that should be thrown in. I don't think I will eat here again.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Listen its not the best I've ever had (not even close to it) however its the best I've had in Maine (they're actually Filipinos doing chinese). I got what I ordered and the veggies were not saggy, wasn't bland, and wasn't salty. The sauce could be a little thicker but it was tasty. The beef did not taste as though it was weeks old and the veggies crisp. Please do not expect this to be at the grade of a New York Chinatown restaurant, its not even close, but if you are seeking chinese, this is where you need to go. By the way, its only take-out, no delivery. I will be going back often now that I don't have to make it myself, unless of course, I want want pure cantonese then that'll be on me.

Reviewed 4 December 2011

Hello Marion! How is Ched? No. How is Austin?? I have missed you all very much and I am in Waldoboro for the Holidays and I will be along for the Sizzling Seafood [to go?]
There is something about meeting new people but there is also something about meeting new people from the other side of the world[exotic!!]
I spent the last two years in Brunswick Ga., and where they didn't mind that I was from Maine, I didn't mind if they were from Mexico, Jamaica, Ireland, Germany, Trinindad, Brazil, Africa, Texas, Miami, England, Ireland, Mars even??
How's that for flavor for you?? Miss you Love You See You Soon.leon