“breakfast”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I recommend this place to anyone. It's a institution that's been there since the 30's. Been there a few times but not since the mid 90's.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

My friends and I were looking for a place for dinner after spending a rainy afternoon driving around the coast when we found Moody's Diner. We entered and found ourselves in the 1950's and at the end of a long wait list. Upon being told that we could seat ourselves at the counter if we did not want to wait for a booth, we did just that.
Moody's menu goes on and on, but I settled on a Reuben sandwich. It was delivered promptly, especially considering the crowd at the time. The sandwich was good and filling, nothing fancy. Watching the pies being cut prompted us to order dessert. Good move for everything except our wastelines! My slice of peanut butter pie was luscious.
Moody's Diner is a small place, with small booths that somehow hold up to 4 adults. Seating at the counter will quickly turn strangers into friends, provided one of them is not left handed! I am, but fortunately I was seated at a corner.
Moody's Diner is not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but the food is good and the prices are great, especially for limited wallets.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

A real great Maine diner experience. If you are looking for gourmet food this is not for you, the food here is greasy, full of butter and tastes like typical diner food The dessert is the real treat of this quaint stop on route 1. They have a large selection of homemade pies, my favorite is the Peanut Butter Pie. They also carry large cookies, cupcakes, cheese cake, and the famous Maine Whoopie Pie. I recommend skipping the greasy food and heading straight to Dessert! The crowd is a mix of locals and tourists and there is almost always a wait. Overall a great, fun, tasty experience.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I eat here a few times a year. Sometimes good and sometimes not so much. Seems to be going downhill. lost the diner feel when the big tv went in advertising local businesses. Starting to feel its age in a non charming way. Old wood, old tables, Formica counters, chairs look like office supply. Used to overlook it for the food. Ate again yesterday. Long cattle call wait for a table while newcomers did not know how to go to the counter and get a number. Usually the food is pretty good but yesterday onion rings were cold. Most things seem less homemade and more from a can. Little single servings of Ken's dressing. Prices used to be good but seemed to have crept up. I guess still worth a stop bu don't expect much. They seem to be relying on their old reputation.

1  Thank Tim W
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Waitress hard of hearing & very short tempered...(get a hearing aid)...Food was pretty good...cheap......plenty.