Blue Skye Farm
US$174
Hampton.com
Rockland Harbor Hotel(Rockland)(Great Value!)
US$141
Official Hotel
250 Main Hotel(Rockland)(Great Value!)
US$239
Trade Winds Inn(Rockland)
US$114
Claddagh Motel & Suites(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$94
Ledges By the Bay(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$124
Island View Inn(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$342
US$245
Preferred Hotels
Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$117
Glen Cove Inn & Suites(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$125
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Jan is the utmost host. The house is lovely. The breakfast is delicious, fresh, and cheerfully made. The rooms are large, comfy, with nice mattresses, sheets, pillows. They are each somewhat distinct in decoration. We stayed for almost a week, and had two different rooms, as our stay was last minute.

This is a fabulous B&B. The best I've ever stayed at. The guests were also friendly and very interesting.

Spotlessly clean! The berries each morning were fresh and local! Delicious!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank traveliq
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We chose Blue Skye Farm as our home away from home for the Fourth of July holiday, and we're glad we did. The close proximity to the shops and restaurants of Wiscasset and Damariscotta gave us plenty to occupy ourselves, while the B&B's well-maintained 1770's structure, rolling grounds, and charming and helpful innkeeper provided a level of comfort in league with the best B&B's we've visited.

We are nature lovers, so the marshes, geese, and woodlands are big selling points for us. We spent several hours over our three-day stay walking the grounds and relaxing outside in the provided chairs.

With the beautiful outdoors and the comfortable, inviting drawing room, I could easily see spending an extended weekend without ever leaving the B&B. The lack of television is a positive feature for me, while the wireless Internet keeps my wife with her iPad from feeling out of touch.

While the facilities may be top-notch, the reason we prefer a B&B to a hotel is the opportunity to meet and mix with fellow travelers over breakfast. We may have lucked out, and the innkeeper cannot guarantee that all of her guests will be so affable, but we found the two other guest couples, one from California and the other from Missouri, to be a delight. We all stayed at the breakfast table well after it had been cleared, and Jan, the innkeeper, kept the coffee brewing.

It is this feeling of welcome that ensures that we will return for further visits. We're already planning an Autumn stay. We can only imagine the grounds and the foliage in the Fall!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChinGallagher
Reviewed 25 June 2011

My wife and I stayed two nights at Blue Skye Inn, as part of our anniversary trip to mid-coast Maine. We love the area, and we stayed at a pair of b&b's, our experience at Blue Skye Inn was . . . quaint.

First of all, a couple of things about the property in general - the house is a beautiful period property, even if there's no real water view. BUT, it's on a pretty busy two-lane highway and you WILL hear cars & trucks rolling through pretty much 24/7 (especially if your room is on the front side of the house), even though the Inn is in a fairly isolated spot it's definitely on the road to/from some places a lot of folks need to go. Also, surprisingly (to me, anyway) for an older home, the walls are paper thin. Anytime anyone in any room opens or closes any door - you WILL hear it. My wife and I really felt like we had to whisper when we were in the room. Also, my computer/phone couldn't find any wi-fi internet connection (e.g. there isn't one).

We stayed in the Upper North room . . . I think all the rooms are very quaint (cute and period furnished, but small and, as you should expect in this type of house, with few electrical outlets, etc.). Our room also had no closet at all (there's one on the Inn's website photo, but it's locked and marked "private"), and the bathroom is private, but down the hall. I didn't think this would really be an issue, but it WAS annoying, and it's a bit further and more public than I realized when Jan (the innkeeper) and I spoke making the reservation.

Breakfast was good, served boarding-house style, the Inn's sitting rooms are nice, and you're not far from a lot of great things to do . . . but we'll probably try a different property on our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Northern_Explorer1
Reviewed 28 November 2010

We were invited to Thanksgiving dinner with extended family who live in Waldoboro - we are in the Boston area - and needed a place to stay for two nights. It was suggested that we check out Blue Skye Farm because they had driven past it, and it looked nice.

The house is lovely and welcoming, the rooms are clean and comfortable with nice linens and towels, and the breakfast and company was wonderful! Jan is a great hostess and prepared two lovely breakfasts for us and the other guests, who dined at the dining room table and enjoyed sharing stories together.

All in all a terrific and memorable experience. Not only do I highly recommend it, I hope to have an opportunity to stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Babzie9533
Reviewed 24 October 2010

I have stayed in many B&B's in Europe and some in US but I can't remember one better than Blus Skye.
We arrived after a tiring tour of New England with the aim of spending a couple of leisurely days before returning to Germany. Our choice could not have been better. Our room was spotlessly clean, comfortable and quiet - a good night's sleep was guaranteed. The house was charming with the added benefit that we were free to use the sitting and dining rooms (both with log fires to enhance the atmosphere) and the kitchen - useful to cook a quick meal rather than eating out in the evening. The grounds of the house are beautiful and close to woodland, so ideal for nature lovers. Add to all this a delicious breakfast and last, but not least, a warm and friendly hostess and we were guaranteed a memorable stay.
I would whole-heartedly recommend Blue Skye to anyone planning to visit this lovely part of the Maine coast.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple