“Peaceful retreat”
Review of Blue Skye Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waldoboro
Blue Skye Farm
Ranked #2 of 6 Waldoboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This was our second stay at this charming, warm and very relaxing bed and breakfast. When we were searching for a place to spend our weekend retreat, we were drawn by the rooms with real fireplaces and knew this was our place. It ended up being so much more. It exceeded our expectations on all levels. The hostess is very attentive yet not interfering. Having the option of being able to cook our own meal and eat by candlelight by a fire was the icing on the cake. The breakfast is by far the best I have ever had. Homemade bread, fresh yogurt, fruit and so much more. The rooms are tasteful with a shaker feel. The sitting room always has a warm fire. I would recommend this to everyone who wants time away and a quiet, peaceful stay. WE invited another couple this year, we liked it so much last year. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms with the fireplace are very cozy. Upstairs very quiet with a lot of light.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
There are newer reviews for Blue Skye Farm

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My work took me to Waldoboro for the third year and there was no doubt in my mind where I would stay. Jan, the owner and mother of Blue Skye Farm makes it a peaceful, pleasant and warm place to stay. We were fortunate enough to make plans for dinner and what a treat. We stay in the same room each time and it is warm, comfortable and very clean. I couldn't ask for more and would recommend The Blue Skye Farm Bed and Breakfast to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My work took me to Maine and i stayed at the Blue Skye Farm for four nights. It was most enjoyable. The room was spacious, quiet and extremely well kept. The grounds were beautiful with plenty of hiking although I did not have time to partake. The morning breakfast was superb and the owner, Jan, was delightful and accommodating. We shared many a laugh over my morning coffee and breakfast. My work was stressful but my stay at the Blue Skye allowed rest and relaxation. I highly recommend.......Steve L

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This is a wonderful, welcoming peaceful place. It has everything you need to have a few days away from the rest of the world. The owner is exactly the right blend of friendly and helpful and yet not in your face. The breakfasts were healthy and delicious with fresh local ingredients. Jan was extremely accommodating in regards to our unfortunate food allergies. There are no TV s in the rooms for which we were grateful but instead a large library of books to explore. The location of this inn is perfect for day trips to many coastal places. We look forward to a return stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathrine G
Reviewed 14 September 2013

What a lovely, beautifully cared for home. I felt immediately comfortable upon my arrival. My room was spacious enough and very clean, as was the bathroom. And, although the room faced the road, turning on the fan nearly eliminated the noise that I am sensitive to. While there wasn't a closet to hang items, I made good use of the coat stand and hangers, and there was room enough to spread out other items. The bathroom, while down the hall, was just fine, and the robe provided was comfy if you wanted to wear it to and from. The door to the shower stall was somewhat broken, but I was told how to remedy that in advance and it wasn't a problem. I imagine it is fixed by now. I liked that I was able to store food in the guest refrigerator (which was stocked with soft drinks, beer, and seltzer water for guests), and was welcome to cook my own dinner, which I did one evening when I just wanted to stay in. Speaking of food...breakfasts were delicious and plenty with several choices, some made from scratch by Jan, the owner. I would recommend staying at Blue Skye Farm. Oh, when I got to my next destination I discovered my camera battery must have slipped from the charger. Jan wrapped it and sent it back to my home.

Room Tip: I saw one other room that was equally as nice as my own, and imagine all rooms to be similar. Howev...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed on the front corner of the first floor in the king size bed. The windows were open all night and we slept very well. The rooms are very classy and elegant without being stuffy or with the kitsch you see in some period B&B's. We stayed in the area visiting family and will definitely make this our 'go to place'. Jan in sincerely friendly but gives lots of space for guests to read or relax. Amazing to me, the kitchen is open to guests to prepare their own lunch and dinner meals if they choose to with a separate 'guests refrigerator'. We did not take advantage of this but imagine a budget traveler would find this quite a money saver. All in all we were very impressed with the premises, a 230 year old New England gem in central Maine roughly midway between Portland and Arcadia National Park with lots of coastline, antiques and artisans to discover during your stay.

Room Tip: The king size bed has a private bathroom down the hall so we had to put shorts on to use the bathroo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kechip
janMaine, Owner at Blue Skye Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

For anyone concerned with taking up room in their suitcase with bathrobes, we do provide them so you won't scare the horses on the way to your bathroom.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

My daughter and I stayed in the L-shaped room. We came across Blue Skye after being told my daughter, age 4, would not be welcome at another local B&B.

The room was charming and well tended. We got great sleep during our two-night stay. The L-shaped room has a loft above the ensuite bathroom, which is perfect for children.

The owner, Jan, was wonderfully accommodating and makes a delicious breakfast. One morning we had fresh corn cakes that were superb!

It would be our pleasure to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waldoboro
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockland
Newcastle Inn
#1 of 4 in Newcastle
Samoset Resort On The Ocean
HawksHouse Bed & Breakfast

Been to Blue Skye Farm? Share your experiences!