“Amazing- much more than we expected!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waterford
Papoose Pond Family Campground & Cabins
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We are just coming back home from a 4 day stay at Papoose Pond. It was beyond what we ever expected. The pond is so clean and beautiful- tons to do, and definitely bring floats as those are allowed. So many activities but you can also just enjoy a vacation of relaxation if you wanted to. The service was so outstanding- all of the counselors were great and I saw the manager (I didn't catch his name but he was in a green shirt) going above and beyond, and even gave the kids a free ride on the mini-carousel they have! They were so thrilled! We went with 6 adults and 7 kids under 6 years of age and we had the best time ever- we already booked next year. We thought the beach party on Wednesday was OUTSTANDING with the music playing and so many games/contests. What a festive feel! The only thing we would suggest is improving the paddle boats. Ours were a little hard to maneuver but we rented a canoe the next day which was great. Can't wait til next year!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank KateGreene

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This place is rocking!!!!:) I'm so glad I chose this place woohoo papoose pond is life :)););)) I would give this place 6 stars cause I'm crazy and this place is crazy good;)!!!!!! I love this place :((((;:()))))) lol I love you and I love Catie Barclay - Catie Barclay .. Camping from July 27-august 3rd

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Ktbar
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This started off to be an adult weekend but due to various reasons it ended up being my wife and I as the other couples could not make it. We arrived after the office had closed but our info was on the board outside and security checked in with us to be sure we were set. Off to the site and we were able to get the trailer parked quickly. We noticed how quiet it was other than the sounds of the road near by. As we were setting up I noticed we did not have a 30 amp service, rare in this day and age. We had an addapter so I could hook up, just hoping that the AC would not be needed. I had not asked about the service just figuring all would be 30A but we had picked the site for the location. We looked around and they do have 30 amp available at some sites so be sure to ask if that is what you need. The weekend was beautiful and the campground is real nice. Most sites are good size and they cater to just about any type of camper. Friend of our in a pop up like it hear because they get a site with a kitchen and bathroom on the site. We walked around and the campground is just nice, we went to the beach, checked out the store, pool and mini golf etc. Checked out the bathrooms and they looked nice and were very clean. It is too bad it is on 2 sides of the road, the crosswalk needs some paint and the speed limit needs to be lowered. All in all a nice weekend. Took some sight seeing rides and had a good time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GaryWT
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I used to come trailer camping here with my family when I was younger (for 10 years!) Loved it! Now many years and three kids later, it was time to take my kids here...mom warned me, "you can never go back" BUT, she was wrong, it felt exactly the same with a few new added items (a pool, mini golf, no square dance night, lol) other than that I had a blast, my husband had a blast, most importantly my boys (16, 13 and 5) all LOVED it and can't wait to go back, even my mom enjoyed it! Since we now live in Colorado, we opted to rent one of their trailers, it was ok, beds are not comfortable, trailer was a bit dirty, but we're camping, not staying in a hotel :-) There are so many activities at the camp ground (tennis, shuffleboard, playgrounds, ice cream social, movie tent, carousel, dance party, karaoke, fishing, canoe rentals, hikes, etc, etc.) as well as plenty of day trips to keep you busy! I've always wanted to stay at one of the lake houses and finally was able to secure one for summer 2014!! Best camping experience, lots of trees for privacy and very friendly staff and campers!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Mama23wildboys
Reviewed 3 September 2013

From Rick Charette to the Crooked River canoe trip, families will find a multitude of activities for all age groups. After 40 years, I'm still going with 3 generations of family and friends. Whether tenting, staying in your own trailer or renting a cabin, there's no better way to get away from it all.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 27 August 2013

As I always say, Papoose Pond is Papoose Pond! We started going when my daughter was 4 and at 19 we are already booked for next summer. The campground has activities which are posted for all to see, for young and old. There is family entertainment nightly during peak season. The campsites are nice, they are raked before you show up and you can have a wooded site or beach front site. The thought of little kids using the pond has always scared the hell out of me (it is a pond with pond things) but there is a pool. The staff for the most part is helpful. If you like your site book it when you check in for next year -it saves you from losing your site. If you decide to stay at PP check out the surrounding towns and area, there are a lot of hidden gems. Papoose Pond has cabins, trailers and other set-ups in camp to rent or you can rent a camper from a few local businesses, or just tent it! Just remember, it is a campground and not a five star resort. Relax!

Room Tip: The non pond side seems quieter, away from activities. Wifi near main office/carousel area only.