“super value great room”

Budget Host Airport Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Waterville
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Passing through town. Chose this hotel for location and price. Centrally located near several restaurants, gas stations, etc.

Front-desk attendant was delightful. More than just cordial, she went above and beyond to actually make conversation and be friendly. Important to me since I often travel alone and need local advice. She was great.

Room was very clean, and I got a great night's sleep. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mgantt007

Reviewed 7 July 2013

It was a holiday weekend & I was having trouble getting a handicap room so I took this room sight unseen as they had my credit card number to hold the room. The room was dirty, litter from prior guests in the cupboards, filthy stove, shelves full of dust and ceiling tiles stained from multiple leaks. Tired, I stupidly stayed. About 1:30a.m. a group of people gathered on the asphalt parking lot near my car and stayed there talking until 3:00 am. I was not comfortable going to the office at that hour & was told by the manager the next morning that he regularly rents a group of rooms to young men & women, & they are quiet. This didn't fit with the slamming doors & loud voices at 2:00 a.m. This place is party central & the manager doesn't care. They had the bucks to pay. Apparently, the manager has no desire to hire good cleaning staff and doesn't care to attract the senior population. Unfortunately, I will never go to Budget Host again.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room before you pay. Don't settle for a room that doesn't seem right. Go to...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 234horribletrip
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Heading North from Georgia, the options for using my discount coupons were getting very scarce. We tried this spot as we were shopping nearby. We got one of the older room on in the main building.
Positives: Room looked and smelled very clean. Nice thick towels and plenty of hot water. Bathroom was small but clean as a whistle. Check-in staff was quite friendly and gave us a room on the ground floor and with outside access as requested Good value for the price. Generally quiet location. Four restaurants within 5 minutes walking distance. Mini-fridge in the room.
Negatives: I think renovations were underway upstairs and they started early. Not a big issue for me but it might bother late sleepers. The buffet breakfast was a bit brief. Waffle maker was there but no mix. Not a lot of selection of items.
Waterville doesn't offer a lot of options at this price. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Check with the front desk about renovations and choose your room appropriately.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Diverdan28
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I am thrilled to have found Budget Host! It isn't quite as inexpensive as the Canadian hostels, but it certainly met my needs! $55/night, including wifi and continental breakfast with waffles! There is also a microwave and mini-fridge in the room, which was fantastic. Despite the 2am arrival time, the staff was accommodating. The room was clean, bed was comfortable.

The minor detractions:
- They are doing some work, and my door was painted shut. Put a hip into it, and voilà!
- There are smoking rooms available, so there is a lingering smell in the hallway. I did NOT have it in the room, however.
- There wasn't a coffee maker available for making your own brew.
- The rail for hanging clothes was directly over the microwave/fridge. Just placement, but not ideal.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2013

This was a hotel that is being remodeled but still needs a lot of work. Spackle was everywhere. The cooridor smells. The rooms are small and fairly clean. The door to our room did not latch securely. We had to pull it shut when we left to ensure it was closed. Thank goodness for the dead bolt. My kids were afraid to stay there.

We needed a rollaway bed. We were charged $10.00 for the bed. First we had to call after I had intially ordered it because they said they had forgotten. Then the paperwork in the room listed the price as $7.99. I was told that must be an old brochure. My price I secured on line was not the price he was going to charge me that goodness I had my paperwork.

The breakfast in the morning was limited. My kids did enjoy the make your own waffles,but they ran out of milk, juice, and had no decaf coffee.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Amy B
Reviewed 6 November 2012

My friend and I took a weekend business trip to Maine and had the "pleasure" of staying at what is portrayed to be a hotel. Let me preface my review with the fact that neither my friend, nor I, are people that require anything special from our lodging. Just clean, and a good nights sleep. We received neither.

The first red flag occurred we pulled up to our room and the surrounding rooms had room chairs outside their doors. They were placed their by their full time residents. Nice touch. Upon entering the room we were confronted with a carpet that was dirty and had multiple burn marks. The bathroom had numerous cracks in the tile floor, and while the door did have a handle, the latch had been ripped out and could not be closed or locked.

Since I had made the reservations, my friend gave me the "Way to go, Ace" look and we basically said, "oh well, it's just for 2 nights". Friday night went ok, and we did get a good nights sleep. Saturday was a different matter. The yelling, arguing and door slamming started at about 2am. I can't tell you what the fuss was about because I didn't understand the language. This went on till about 4am. At that point we just packed our stuff and got the heck out of Dodge. NEVER again!

I'll give anyone who is considering staying here some sound advice...........stay away. It's a flea bag run by folks who have no pride in ownership.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank bfg548
Reviewed 16 October 2012

We were on a road trip around New England to do some leaf peeping. The hotel was basic but clean and the bed was reasonably comfortable. There was a smell that was in the room when we arrived, but sleeping with the window open seem to alleviate the problem.

The breakfast the next morning was basic but adequate, it was a bit of a stretch to call it a hot breakfast, as the only thing hot was the make-it-yourself waffle, even the coffee was cold. We found it a little disconcerting that the owner stood at reception and what we felt was "keeping an eye" on us so that we didn't eat too much.

It is an easy drive to Bar Harbor and Arcadia National Park, so is a good stop off point to make the journey the next day.

In Waterville there was a movie theatre, so staying there made it affordable to go to the movies and dinner.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterville
Fireside Inn & Suites
Pittsfield Motor Inn
Pittsfield Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Pittsfield
Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn

Been to Budget Host Airport Inn? Share your experiences!