“Waterville experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waterville
The Pleasant Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Waterville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 October 2012

The Pleasant Street Inn was clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was along the style of a basic continental with the added bonus of fresh fruit. The wireless was non existent.
They provided a local guide of walks which was great for exercise as well as a local restaurant guide. Great value for the price.

Room Tip: The single queen facing the parking lot provided ample room (room #1).
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 August 2012

Overall, I thought this was good value for money though the room was very small (I couldn't fully open the bathroom door as it ran into the bed). The breakfast you fix yourself and was on par with those in the chain motels. I opted to eat breakfast at Selah instead. You never see the owner - you check yourself in, find your own room and fix your own breakfast. I didn't mind but I have never stayed at a place where I never saw another human being! Good value for money particularly with what they charge for ordinary motel rooms in Waterville and Augusta!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Very clean and pleasant, quiet location and satisfying breakfast. If you need TV to be happy, you won't be as the screen is small and there's no cable, although there is a DVD player. Rooms are small but nicely decorated.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed here with family and friends during a recent trip to Waterville for my daughters regional gymnastics meet. Glad we chose the Pleasant Street inn. We had 3 rooms. The place os immaculate. Nice rooms with comfortable beds. Self serve breakfast of fresh fruits and yogurt, bagels and coffee. Convenient to Colby College. Great local restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank daveandmarla
Reviewed 21 April 2012

The lovely, clean little B & B offers all the benefits of home! The rooms are immaculate and very nicely decorated and are separated from the owners' living space so that the eating areas, porch etc. are available for use without feeling like you are intruding. The owners have thought of everything from umbrella's by the front door, to suggestions for dining, walking trails, and local sights.The fridge is always stocked for the guests with water, yogurt, fruit and snacks. Breakfasts are self serve and wonderful--fresh fruit, juices,great coffee and tea, breads, cereals, and lots more. All fresh and organic. It is right down the street from Colby and steps away from the Waterville downtown. We have stayed there three times so far and plan on returning every time we are in the area!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maya T
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Pleasant Street Inn is very well decorated, extremely clean, homey atmosphere, and comfortable beds. I stayed here in November while visiting a local college and found it very easy to find and get to where I needed to go. Loved the fact that it wasn't in the hussle and bussle of a noisy section of town; yes it is in a residential area but very quiet and near a convenience store. I traveled alone as well and found it acceptable to let myself in and out. I had all I needed when I arrived and self serve breakfast menu was much better than some of those continental ones at the chain hotels; healthier choices too. Oh, and eco friendly owners; loved that aspect. I can see where the Inn could be considered noisey if busy as the place did echo a little; rugs vs hardwood...I'll take the hardwood any day! I've stayed in other B&B's and this one by far is the cleanest, most cheery, well decorated one thus far and a lot less expensive. Would have loved to meet the owners to thank them personally. They have done a great job at their restorations!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I have never stayed in a place like this, as the other reviewers say, it was very clean, but it is a house in a residential neighborhood and the owners are not there, as the other reviewer said, you let yourself in, you let yourself out and you serve yourself breakfast. I was a woman traveling alone and it was strange to be in the house by myself, in a neighborhood I had never been to before. The TV in my room was tiny, 13 inches, but the options are not great in this area, so it depends what you are looking for whether this is the right place for you. A couple visiting a child at Colby, it might be perfect, but just understand there is no staff in this house that I could see and it is noisy, very little insulation between the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family