“Standard Hampton Inn - good service”

Hampton Inn Waterville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Waterville
Biddeford, Maine
“Standard Hampton Inn - good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Standard Hampton. Have stayed several times as I am a HHonors member. One night recently someone was smoking and the smell permeated my room. This really bothered me but they had a full house... the next day the front desk apologized again and credited my account extra points for the inconvenience.
I appreciated that consideration.
However, I do think that the days of allowing ANY smoking in a hotel are over, and they should become a 100% non smoking facility.

Room Tip: Stay off the floors that permit any smoking at all.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hampton Inn W, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Waterville, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Hello zacsmimi1,
Thank you for being our guest and being an honors member. I appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brands. Hampton brand allows the hotel the option of being smoking or nonsmoking and we have decreased the amount of rooms we do have in smoking. We do however have many guests that smoke and they will smoke in nonsmoking rooms (it has been done in the past when we were sold out of smoking rooms) if we do not provide a feasible option for them. The 4th floor, one wing still has 4 smoking rooms left and I do certainly apologize for the smell bothering you. I completely understand and am deeply sorry for your dissatisfaction. I am happy that the desk agent did invoke the guarantee for you as you were not satisfied. We do take our pledge very seriously ” that is you are not satisfied you do not pay”. I apologize for not being able to move you off that wing as well. I hope you will stay with us in the future and we can make a note on your account to keep you off the 4th floor smoking wing to make sure it will not happen again. Thank you for taking time to write a review of the Hampton Inn Waterville. We value our guests and their feedback to us.
Nikki Desjardins-Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Hampden, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I have stayed in many hotels and some are ok others leave a lot to be desired. Anytime I have stayed at the Hampton my experience was very pleasing! Staff and accommodations were excellent! If you have not stayed I highly recommend you stay in one of their hotels. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton Inn W, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Waterville, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Hi Donna G,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a positive review of the Hampton inn Waterville. We appreciate all the feedback from our guests and share all comments and suggestions with management and employees. I am so happy you found your stays to be very pleasing and that our staff and accommodations were all excellent. Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers and highly recommending us. We appreciate you as our guest, your comments and your recommendation of the Hampton inn Waterville.
Thank you for your business and I hope to meet you on your next stay at the Hampton Inn Waterville.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I would have to say that this was probably the best motel that I have ever stayed in. Everything was clean and comfortable. When I called the front desk to connect to the internet they were very helpful. It was very quiet and there was not even a hint of cigarette smell in the motel anywhere, not even in the fitness center or the pool areas.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInn2001, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Waterville, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Hello 888cynthias,
Thank you for being our guest and taking time to write a positive review of the Hampton Inn Waterville. We appreciate all feedback from our guests and take all comments seriously. I share all guest comments with staff and management to see what we do well and what we need to improve on. Thank you for your comment of the best hotel ever stayed in, our staff consistently tries hard to ensure all guests expectations have been exceeded. I am happy to hear you found the front desk helpful and the hotel to be clean and comfortable. Thank you again for your time to share your experience and for being our guest. I hope to see you on your next stay in Waterville.
Lincoln, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

We had a good stay at the Hampton inn. The only complaint would be how hard the mattress was. We did not sleep well at all. However the room was clean and very nice. It says I need a minimum of 200 characters so now I am just wasting space so I can get this posted and be about my busines.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInn2001, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Waterville, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Hello Wade S,
Thank you for taking time to review the Hampton Inn Waterville. We do appreciate all feedback from our guests and all guest feedback is reviewed by our General Manager and management staff. I am so sorry you found our mattress to be hard and did not sleep well. We do stand behind our guarantee of 100% satisfied or you do not pay. I am happy you still had a good stay with us. I hope you will give us another try and we will make sure a different room would be provided to you. I am deeply sorry we did not exceed your expectations. I hope to meet you on your next stay in Waterville and thank you for providing this feedback to us.
Boston, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

The Hampton had a spotless bathroom, a very clean and new room, a great bed, and a nice pool for the kids. The hotel provided a convivial base for a weekend ski trip. There is consistency across the brand - you know what you're getting. The free continental breakfast was reasonably okay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Hello Paul H,
Thank you for being our guest and taking time to write a review about the Hampton Inn Waterville. I am pleased to hear you found our property with a spotless bathroom, a very clean and new room, a great bed and a nice pool. We are fortunate to have a great staff who take pride in their jobs and ensuring our guests had a true Hampton experience. Hampton Standards, for consistency sake, do require certain items on our breakfast buffet and we are unable to offer more based on the standards put forth to us, I do apologize for it being reasonably ok. Thank you for your feedback it is very important to us and assists us in doing better to serve our guests.
Thank you for being our guest and for taking time to write a review. I hope to see you on your next stay in Waterville.
Concord, MA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Although I would love to have had a restaurant in the hotel their free breakfast was more than just coffee and toast and was more than adequate. Clean rooms, friendly staff and a reasonable price made it a pleasant experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Hello Robert H,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hampton inn Waterville with others. I am happy to hear you had a pleasant experience while staying and you found our hotel to have clean rooms, friendly staff and a reasonable price. I would like to also thank you for mentioning the variety of items on the breakfast. Thank you for being our guest and taking time to write a review of the Hampton inn Waterville. Your feedback is important to us.
I hope to see you on your next stay in Waterville.
Thomaston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

My wife and I stay at the Hampton quite often.The hotel employees always make us feel welcome and the rooms are always clean and comfortable. It is handy to any stores that we might want to go to either by car, or even a pleasant walk. We have used a few other hotels in the area but this Hampton is our final choice. It meets all of our expectations every time so why go any place else.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Thank Wilber E. R
HamptonInn2001, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Waterville, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Hello Wiber E.R,
Thank you for taking time to write another review for the Hampton Inn Waterville. We appreciate all of our comments from guests as they are important to know what we do well and what we need to work on. Thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton Inn Waterville and I am happy to hear the staff has meet all your expectations and that you continue to come back to stay with us. I appreciate you sharing your experiences at our hotel with others. Thank you for being our guest and I look forward to seeing you on your return trip to Waterville.
Nikki Desjardins-Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterville
Fireside Inn & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Augusta
Senator Inn & Spa
Senator Inn & Spa
#5 of 9 in Augusta

Been to Hampton Inn Waterville? Share your experiences!