“Quite the hopping place”

Silver Street Tavern
Ranked #13 of 93 Restaurants in Waterville
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We had actually hoped to go to the Last Unicorn on this night (right next door) but it was unexpectedly closed. Thus, the Silver Street Tavern was mobbed and raucous. Since there were only two of us, we were seated quickly. We didn't have high expectations for the food but found some nice offerings. And the beer selection was fantastic. The place was a little noisy but certainly fun and better than we had hoped for.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We visited on a Saturday night and this local pub had great food and drink. It's very nice inside with giant TV screens tuned to sports programs and an acoustic guitar player cranking out some hits. Casual atmosphere and rather inexpensive for what you get. Indoor and outdoor seating.

Our Server was Holly and she was fantastic. Warm, genuinely kind and very good at her job. Looking forward to the next time.

Silver Street T, Owner at Silver Street Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Thank you very much for your review! I shared it with Holly and it made her smile!

Reviewed 26 August 2017

We went to SST to support the band that was playing. The band was awesome, and had incredible energy. The food was okay, but not great for the money. Speaking of money, we were double charged on our bill. We paid our own ticket, and when we looked at our bank statement the next day, it showed another separate charge for someone else's ticket. There was no pending credit back into our account, only the two charges. When we went to the restaurant for our refund, they went through the card ledger and looked for our card number. They were unable to find it within the first few methods they employed, despite the fact that we had the receipt with us. It seemed like they were waiting for us to just give up, and take their word that it never happened because they couldn't find it. We waited around, and they finally came to the conclusion WITH NO EVIDENCE OR BACKUP INFORMATION, that they had "charged the incorrect amount, and then credited it back to your account, and then charged the correct amount, so you'll be fine." They wanted us to just take their word that our money would somehow magically appear. So, we asked for the manager. Their manager was a sleazy a-hole, who was so unimpressed by our request to be righted on our bill, that he felt the need to ask us IN A WHINY VOICE "Well, if I give you a refund, how will I get my $25 back, if the transaction doesn't go through?"
This MANAGER was seriously so worried about the $25 he overcharged us WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION, that he would rather cheat a customer, than to make it right. I know this has happened to other people, where they have tacked on extra charges, in hopes their patrons wouldn't notice. It didn't work on us, because we didn't get hammered, as I'm sure they were hoping, but I'm sure they were also pissed that we didn't order alcohol and stayed to watch the band anyway.
THE BAND WAS THE ONLY REASON I EVEN WENT IN THE FIRST PLACE, but I will never go again, and will be sure to spread the word.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

A tavern environment, but suitable for anyone: clean and friendly with excellent food. There is a large selection of draft beers and wines, as well as hard liquor. We had lunch at the bar, but just drank water. There are also many small and large tables available, and outdoor seating with umbrellas for sunny days.

The food was delicious and there was lots of it; staff made us feel welcomed.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

The service was outstanding. My server was sweet, smart and fast. She was taking care of many tables.
My food was abundant and really fresh. Lot's of TVs for sports. I'd highly recommend this place.

1  Thank bernski