“Pretty impressed, overall”

Fireside Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Waterville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 April 2014

i stayed here once several years ago and dont remember much other than I did not want to return... my room was in a building that was detached from the lobby and I didn't feel safe. But I love the Fireside Inn in Belfast so I decided to try it again. I got a king room with fireplace. Man, you could land a plane in there! Seriously, very large room - high ceilings, interesting layout with fridge, microwave and Keurig. It's an old building - no mistake - but it is well kept, VERY clean (I tried to find fault in my room, and couldn't!) Looks kind of retro - old furnishings, big heavy desk and chest - but it added character, I think. There were 5 lamps in the room, including one over the full size mirror (bonus!) Old push/handle toilet - but gleamingly clean. Awesome showerhead. Full size couch - I got to lie on the couch to watch TV! Unusual experience for a business traveler. Great wall unit for AC and thermostat for heat. Nice corner fireplace- and - the best of all - the massage chair!! Restaurant on property (Governor's) is run of the mill American food - also rather old, run down a bit, but the service was friendly, food was fresh and they had great pies. Outdoor pool and hot tub in the summer will be a nice plus. Breakfast in the AM was better than many I have seen - nothing hot, but much of it packed to carry. (The lobby area with tables is quite small.) I'll be back!

Room Tip: FIREPLACE SUITE. Also - know how far you have to go - I had to take a couple of sets of stairs, and...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank zacsmimi1
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank you for returning, and thank you for your review
I'm glad that you enjoyed one of our executive king rooms with a fireplace & massage chair. I like your description about landing a plane in the room. Yes, they are much bigger than a standard hotel room. I was pleased to see that you noticed how clean the room is. We are fortunate to have a couple of housekeepers who have worked for us over 20 years. That's very rare in our industry. They take very good care of our rooms.

Again, thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again and again.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed there in January 2014. The staff is friendly the rooms are comfortable and clean. Even it was snowing, the hot tub outside was on. It has small fitness room, but you have to get the key from front desk to use it. You can't use room key. I would return there

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Oresti B
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thanks for staying with us, and thanks for the nice review. It was great to see that you enjoyed the value, the cleanliness, and the staff here at the Fireside Inn. It was also great to see that you had the chance to enjoy Governor's restaurant in our building and Cappza's restaurant next door. We are fortunate to have good restaurants all around.
I hope that you will have the opportunity to join us again.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I got caught in what I would describe as a blizzard, and pulled off in Waterville at the Fireside Inn, since I have stayed before. It didn't disappoint. The winter rate was great, the staff was friendly, and the room was spotless. They had a wine & cheese reception for a short time in the evening, but I didn't partake. I did have the free breakfast. They had Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches. The one I had was remarkably good: sausage, egg & cheese on a biscuit. They also had good low-fat yogurt, but I don't remember the brand. Oh, and now, they give you a whoopie pie on check-in. That was nice with the in-room decafe tea at night.

Room Tip: They had big rooms with a king and fireplace, but they cost a little more.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank H2OGuy
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for staying with us again and for your review. We do pride ourselves on providing spotlessly clean rooms, where everything works, delivered by a friendly, efficient staff.
We're happy to be your safe port in a storm.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed for the weekend and enjoyed this hotel in Waterville Maine. Great location right off exit 130 on I-95. The self serve breakfast was good enough to get one started. We went to the amazing Colby College Art Museum that is close by. There is also a Starbucks next door for you latte fans.

Room Tip: Any room assignment will be OK
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JRenfrew
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here and the facilities in the area. It is great to see that people can find things to do when the weather is imperfect. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed here for my High School Class reunion. It was centrally located to everything. The staff was fantastic. The on site restaurant was fantastic. Governors had great food. The room was very spacious.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Alice O
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your class reunion. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. I hope that you won't wait until the next reunion to stay with us again. Thank you for writing.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I stayed for 9 days and arrived at the beginning of an ice storm. The hotel is older, but well maintained and the staff works hard to "get to know you". Showers are good, towels are high grade and they are generous with them as well. The hotel is directly connected to "The Governor's Restaurant" and their hours are good and prices are also reasonable. One thing that I really liked was the smell in the hallways. Many hotels just smell like sweat, but this one goes the extra step of lightly scenting the hallways to make everything smell new as well as looking clean. WiFi was excellent and easy to get on. I was there during Christmas holidays and even received chocolate gift bag and card in my room. I will no doubt stay here again as I have much family in the area.

Room Tip: I had one facing the parking lot with digital air/heat display on the unit. I really liked it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Joy L
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for staying with us for the holidays. Thank you too for your kind words about he the property and the staff. We try to take the extra steps like scenting the hallway with cinnamon in the winter and fresh linen in the summer.
True, we like to get to know our guests. It's the best part of our job.
We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We drove from Saint John, NB. to Waterville to avoid a snow strom (14") on our way to Rangeley, Me. We arrived early on an Expedia reservation but we were welcomed and our room was ready. It was very comfortable, excellent shower, and nice continental breakfast. The adjoining Govenor's Restaurant was very convenient with the impending snow storm. We would definitely stay here again should we need to stay in Waterville.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fred S
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

I am glad that you got here safely in the deep snow. Thank you for writing such kind words. We always enjoy visiting with our friends from north of the border. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Barry Asalone

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Waterville - North
Senator Inn & Spa
Senator Inn & Spa
#5 of 9 in Augusta
Comfort Inn Civic Center

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!