“Charming, local, ecclectic eatery with very good food”
Review of Last Unicorn

Last Unicorn
Ranked #6 of 93 Restaurants in Waterville
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 17 November 2017

My daughter and I ate supper here while visiting Waterville. We went here based on other's online reviews. We were not disappointed. It is a small restaurant located in downtown Waterville. Parking lot close by so it is a short walk to the restaurant. Service was great, the food was delicious and was moderately priced. I had the eggplant and my daughter had chicken. Both were fantastic! Came with salads. Portion size was sufficient for us -- not too much or too little. We ate it all but certainly didn't have room for dessert. Not a huge menu but there was certainly enough selection if you wanted a gourmet sandwich, salad or entree. The only thing I thought was missing was a warm basket of bread or the like served with the salad.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

My wife and I were in Waterville for lunch and found the Last Unicorn. I ordered the Ham and Swiss on Rye Toast and my wife ordered the Quiche of the Day. We also split a bowl of Curry Vegetable Soup. Everything was absolutely Yummy. Great Place!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Eleven people in our party (seven children). Waiting on that many children can be a little daunting, but our waitress was very patient and helpful. One in our party had some dietary restrictions and the waitress went out of her way to answer questions about food ingredients. The food was slightly above average. Adult entrees were generous and prepared very well. The scallops were reported as excellent and cooked just right. A pasta dish was good but needed more seasoning. The only disappointment was a hummus pita sandwich. The hummus had no perceptible garlic, tahini, or lemon. I honestly do not know how it passed for hummus. The children ate most of their food and said it was good. We would return but make different choices.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

The Last Unicorn is always very good. Imaginative menu, great service and responsible portion size. Only reason 4 instead or five stars is that occasionally vegetables are, in my opinion, over cooked. If you are looking for a great place to eat, choice this restaurant!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We had tried to visit this restaurant on our way to Canada but they had had an equipment problem and so were closed. On our way home we were happy to see they had reopened. We went on a Saturday night and had to wait maybe 15 minutes to be seated. Great beers on offer to make our wait more pleasurable. It's a smaller place and cozy. Staff was a little overworked - we weren't sure who our server was so things were a little slow. But the food was great and our wait was well-rewarded.

1  Thank dtomato

Been to Last Unicorn? Share your experiences!