“room was clean, but would only stay here again as a last resort”
Review of Inn At Waterville

Inn At Waterville
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Waterville
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We booked 2 nights here while attending a graduation in the area. First, the pros: Although dated and worn, the room was clean. the bed was fairly comfortable. Coffee was provided in the room.The staff were friendly enough, and the chambermaids did a good job cleaning up our room.
...the cons: For what we got, we were charged too much. Our blanket had a couple of cigarette burn holes through it, there were no extra pillows or blankets in the room, no ironing board and iron, no hairdryer.

We did not take advantage of the breakfast which was included in the rates. However, the lobby in which the breakfast was served was quite dirty, the chairs were stained, not an appealing room to have breakfast in...I can't speak as to what the provided breakfast was.

This might be an O.K. place to stay for one night if the rates were much lower, and you didn't want to take advantage of the breakfast. However,you could pay the same rate and stay in a better place. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gracie2011

Reviewed 23 May 2013

is not a strong enough word to describe this property. I booked this hotel on the advice from Choicehotels.com and was mortified. I booked two rooms, and my parents showed up before we did, continued to check in and when I got to their room, they said "Welcome to Bates Motel." Fortunately there were two rooms left at another hotel.
The air conditioner was dangling from the wall, fire alarms hanging from the ceiling, stained ceiling tiles in the bathroom. I won't mention the condition of the pillows that were waiting for cases. The thought of them still makes my stomach hurl.
If you must stay at this property, bring your own pillows, bedding, a helmet in case the ceilings fall in and muck boots because the carpeting was wet. Better off sleeping in your car.
Oh and the waffle maker that Tamara Q mentioned is now broken. Still sitting in it's spot.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room, choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2013

The desk staff was great ... they really were interested in helping. The towels and bed linens were clean and the bed was comfortable. The room was awful...had not been vacuumed in eons; the room had a funny smell; there were cobwebs in the corners; the screens were filthy; the ceiling over the tub leaked from the room above; the tub was dirty (we did NOT shower in the morning); etc etc etc. We left in a hurry in the morning. This was quite possibly the worst place we have ever stay in.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NovaScotianTraveller
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Recently stayed here while in town for a wedding. Stairs were under renovation, unsafe. No ice, sent to a vacant building on the same lot to retrieve..at night there were not any lights on. At checkout time we attempted to turn our keys back in and the office was locked with a note that said "stepped out"..well over an hour later the office was still locked..needless to say, we still have our keys. Positive note was the person doing the cleaning-she was very nice and was attentive to our needs.

Room Tip: ask about any renovations and if the ice/soda machines are working
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank faithhealslove
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Booked this hotel through hotels.com and OMG I was shocked that this hotel was even offered. It was dirty, run down, smelly, ant's running down the wall. The waffle maker was not even cleaned from the morning and we checked in at 9pm at night...gross. The worst of all, the lady sitting at the desk that checks you in was in her bare feet.. how professional is that? We did not stay there!! We got a refund on our room and went 2 doors up to the Hampton Inn. For 17.00 more we had a clean and comfortable room with excellent customer service and a fantastic breakfast. I would NOT recommend this Econ Lodge to anyone. If you do stay there be sure to keep one eye open to make sure nothing is crawling on you.. YUCK!!

Room Tip: Here is a tip...don't stay there!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Tamara Q
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Econo Lodge is one of the lowest quality chains in America, most travelers can agree with that. This hotel is pretty average. The breakfast is alright, the area is tidy and well organized. The actual hotel room is clean, even with the outdated furniture and electronics, I'd rather have an outdated room than a dirty room. For the price I paid, I'll agree that the hotel could use a little sprucing up. Ihe staff seemed very friendly and I didn't have any problems with my room.

Room Tip: I heard that they plan to start some renovations to this hotel, if you stay here ask for a renovated...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Yendi
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My wife and I stayed two nights here while visiting our daughter at College. The room rates are some of most reasonable in Waterville. However, you get what you pay for. The television is old and does not work properly. The bathroom is small and has a worn out sliding door to close it. The decor is worn and dated. We had trouble turning off the hot water in the sink.
Surprisingly, We found the beds comfortable. So if you want a cheap place to sleep in Waterville, this is the place. It is located right off of I-95. we did not sample the breakfast provided.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Waterville - North
Pittsfield Motor Inn
Pittsfield Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Pittsfield
Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn

Been to Inn At Waterville? Share your experiences!