“Son's Graduation”

Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Waterville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We always enjoy our stay at Waterville Best Western. we have been staying there for over 4years. Even when they were under renovation. The staff, and accommodations were great. They always give us the Thomas College rate, we never had an issue with anything. I will always recommend this Best Western

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Emily M, Manager at Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Hi Kim P.,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We really appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Waterville!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here for a couple of days and were very pleased - rooms were comfortable and clean, apparently recently redone. The linens were lovely, the rooms quiet. We expected a buffet breakfast, but found that breakfast was cooked and served individually. The food (and especially the coffee) was good but the weekend was busy and the first morning, breakfast service extremely slow - things in the dining room seemed a bit disorganized. Second morning (Mother's Day!) went much more smoothly. That said, the staff was pleasant and the facilities good. We would stay there again, if we are in Waterville.

Room Tip: Some rooms appear to allow smoking - be sure to specify non-smoking if that's a factor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Emily M, Manager at Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hi Tanvandriver,
Thank you so much for your recent review of our property. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay! It was a busy weekend for us so we appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience. We hope that you visit us again the next time you are in the Waterville Maine area!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Great hotel, everything was clean and neat, and included all of the amenities, such as a fridge and microwave in rooms, and internet access. The restaurant food and service was excellent. Pool and exercise area good-sized and clean.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Emily M, Manager at Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Hi Wendy B.,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! I am so happy to that you had such a wonderful stay with us and got to enjoy many of the amenities that our hotel offers! I am very happy you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Waterville.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I finished my last appointment for the day and went into the john to "do my business". I locked the door behind me and left my cell phone in the living area (bad move!). After I was done, I tried opening the door, but the lock mechanism was broken and I couldn't get out! I yanked, twisted and pulled, to no avail. I began to panick. The door was sealed tight, the tiny bathroom stunk to high heavens, and there was no fan. I began to bang on the door and yell "help!" over and over again. No one heard me - it was the middle of the day during a slow week. I panicked even more, and began hyperventilating, thinking I would have to spend the night in the bathtub and wait for the cleaning lady the next day. Finally, someone in the hall heard me screaming and said they would get help. A hotel employee came, couldn't get into the room, and left. Another 10 minutes or so passed before they returned and finally let me out of my bathroom prison. Not exactly an experience I look forward to repeating. There was no acknowledgement of my situation by the hotel staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Emily M, Manager at Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Maurice L,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel! We sincerely apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. We let maintenance know about the lock issue and it has been corrected.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate all feedback because that is how we improve ourselves!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We had a wonderful visit at the Waterville Best Western Hotel. We were there for two days, and it was a pleasurable experience. The rooms were neat and clean, and the entire staff possessed extreme professionalism. Our king size bed was super comfortable, and we loved that we were right in the center of town. Lots to do around the Waterville area. The pool was clean and warm, and the hot tub was nice and relaxing. I also liked that the gym was stocked with modern equipment. It was a nice relaxing environment. The food in the restaurant was great, and their St. Patrick's day party was a blast. What a wonderful event they throw! Special thanks to Sylvia, she was right on top of keeping our room stocked. Darlene at the front desk was a pleasure to schedule with, and Morgan in the restaurant was fantastic. She was great with her customers, and her customer service skills were impeccable. Thank you for making our stay comfortable and enjoyable.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Emily M, Manager at Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Hi Casey R,
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to review our property. We are so happy to hear that you had a pleasurable experience while staying with us and that you enjoyed the amenities that our hotel offers. We appreciate the kind words about our staff. They work very hard to exceed the expectations of guests! Once again thank you for your wonderful feedback. We hope to host you again soon!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I use to stay here when it was the Holiday Inn. The renovations as the Best Western blew me away. The rooms were very well furnished 42 inch flat screen TV's, clean and comfortable beds. Friendly and efficient staff. Some noise from the interior hallway.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Glenn660,
Thank you so much for your recent review of our property! We really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to provide us with some feedback about your stay. I am so happy to hear that you found our rooms to be clean, comfortable & well-furnished. Our staff strives to improve guest satisfaction!

I do apologize for the noise and hope that you choose our Waterville Maine hotel the next time that you are in the area!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The front desk was very helpful when we first checked in. After when we went into the restaurant for dinner and drinks Tina and Sherry were very social and made us feel at home. Our room was clean, and Sylvia along with Marnie gave us extra towels and soap when we needed it and they did not
Act like that felt burdened at all. We will Definetly be back.

• Stayed: March 2014
Emily M, Manager at Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Hi AaronERnest,
Thank you so much for you recent review of our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I want to thank you for all the wonderful comments about the hotel, restaurant and staff, we really appreciate the kind words. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterville
Hampton Inn Waterville
Senator Inn & Spa
Senator Inn & Spa
#5 of 9 in Augusta
Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta

Been to Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!