We spent a three night getaway last weekend at VBTS, taking advantage of one of their off season specials on their website. This is the third time we have stayed at VBTS and as usual we were happy with our accomodations. Staying at VBTS is more like renting a condo or apartment than staying at a hotel, although they do offer daily light housekeeping and have a nice indoor pool. I would recommend looking at the photo's on their website before booking as the units decor is different with each one, depending on the owner. Some are more updated that others. With most you will find a kitchen from the 1980's. If this bothers you I would recommend looking elsewhere. If you don't concern yourself with that on vacation and appreciate having vastly more space, a washer and dryer in most units, and a full kitchen as mentioned, than you will probably appreciate VBTS. As usual the front desk staff was pleasant and accomodating and the housekeepers were prompt checking in on us with fresh towels each morning. One small complaint for me is the use of the indoor pool for local birthday parties. We experienced this on Saturday. When we arrived at about 10:15 AM with our two young children we had the pool to ourselves. By 11:15 AM the pool was completely filled with screaming, rambunkious preteen girls with their clueless parents texting and talking on their phones. Out of concern for our two kids and to preserve our hearing we quickly vacated the area. No staff from VBTS was present and their appeared to be very little supervision for the this "party." I noticed that VBTS is now advertising this on their website and while I understand the desire to generate more outside revenue, I think the pool is an ammenity advertised and paid for in part by paying hotel guests, most of whom are not prepared or expecting this on their vacation. We still enjoyed our stay however and are preparing to return in June when the outdoor pool will hopefully be open!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Suite Resort Hotel. Condominium resort hotel featuring spacious 1 and 2 bedroom condominium suites. Indoor heated pool, hot tub, fitness center, game room, seasonal outdoor pool, gas grills, Bocce ball court and basketball court. Situated on 11 acres bordering the Rachel Carson Wildlife Preserve and tidal salt marsh near Wells Beach. Great location between the popular tourist towns of Ogunquit and Kennebunkport. All units with living room, dining room, and fully equipped kitchen. Wedding and Meeting facility with a variety of meeting spaces including Maine Ballroom and intimate Kennebunk Board Room, for inviting events by the sea. Free Wireless Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Village by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village By The Sea Hotel Wells
- Village By The Sea Wells, Maine