“One of the BEST places we ever stayed and that's why we keep going back!!!”
Review of Village by the Sea

Village by the Sea
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Wells
Worcester, Massachusetts
“One of the BEST places we ever stayed and that's why we keep going back!!!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Village by the Sea is truly one of the only places I can totally relax. The condos are so roomy, clean, and beautifully decorated. The pool, sauna and game room are perfect for the kids as well as us "kids at heart"! I am very picky about cleanliness and truly cannot find any negative issues at Village by the Sea. The staff is amazing!!! My nephew lost one of his toys in a tree and the maintenance man ACTUALLY climbed the tree to try to find it and told us when he does find it he will mail it to us!!! You truly feel pampered at Village by the Sea, and no I am not a relative of them I am just honestly a satisfied customer. Wish I could live there all year long!!!

Room Tip: Suite 14 D is very beautiful, but we have stayed in other suites as well and all have been great.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gina Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My nephew got married at Village By The Sea with over 130 family and friends celebrating. VBTS was a perfect wedding destination spot! Every single staff person who helped us were extremely helpful and professional. My family and friends made such positive comments about the delicious food even with the special requests. The condo we rented was lovely in every single way..a stunning dining area, large windows with gorgeous views of the ocean, modern and comfortable furniture, a full kitchen and two complete bathroom. Honestly, I wanted to move in for good. I will go back this summer for a visit and again in the spring. I highly recommend Village By The Sea for your vacation get-away!
Lynn

Room Tip: We were in a top suite and had a wonderful view of the ocean and bay. Also, very quiet and the enti...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lynn M
Waltham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The staff was amazing and incredibly helpful. The resort is very clean and the views are beautiful. The whole staff was very hospitable. The food choices and quality were very good. I would absolutely go back to the resort in a heart beat.

Room Tip: Call early
1 Thank Jay V
Burlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My stay at the Village by the Sea was fantastic!
The rooms were beautiful and the staff was incredibly friendly. A member of the staff even helped me carry my things inside just because he was in the area! The food at dinner was great!
I would definitely recommend VBTS to anyone!

Waltham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We recently held a banquet for 125 people with an overnight to follow and was blown away with the level of preparation, communication, accommodation, and service from VBTS. Everything was represented exactly as it came out to us including meals, pricing, rooms quality, spacing needs, etc. Dinner was prompt, exceptional, and the staff was friendly and accommodating. Also, rooms were spacious, furnished well, clean, and had a nice personal touch of the Maine shore. Jill Robie, the hotel manager was absolutely fantastic to work with and was always friendly, prompt with email, and helpful in accommodating every special and last minute request. My group and I had a great time and could not recommend Village by the Sea more highly. We will definitely be using them again!

Littleton, New Hampshire
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stay here often and really enjoy the upper condos with the fireplace and plenty of room to spread out. They are always clean and the maintenance staff is very friendly and helpful.

The pool and hot tub are a bonus. I would definitely recommend this place and we will definitely go there again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Ballston Spa,, NY
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We spent a three night getaway last weekend at VBTS, taking advantage of one of their off season specials on their website. This is the third time we have stayed at VBTS and as usual we were happy with our accomodations. Staying at VBTS is more like renting a condo or apartment than staying at a hotel, although they do offer daily light housekeeping and have a nice indoor pool. I would recommend looking at the photo's on their website before booking as the units decor is different with each one, depending on the owner. Some are more updated that others. With most you will find a kitchen from the 1980's. If this bothers you I would recommend looking elsewhere. If you don't concern yourself with that on vacation and appreciate having vastly more space, a washer and dryer in most units, and a full kitchen as mentioned, than you will probably appreciate VBTS. As usual the front desk staff was pleasant and accomodating and the housekeepers were prompt checking in on us with fresh towels each morning. One small complaint for me is the use of the indoor pool for local birthday parties. We experienced this on Saturday. When we arrived at about 10:15 AM with our two young children we had the pool to ourselves. By 11:15 AM the pool was completely filled with screaming, rambunkious preteen girls with their clueless parents texting and talking on their phones. Out of concern for our two kids and to preserve our hearing we quickly vacated the area. No staff from VBTS was present and their appeared to be very little supervision for the this "party." I noticed that VBTS is now advertising this on their website and while I understand the desire to generate more outside revenue, I think the pool is an ammenity advertised and paid for in part by paying hotel guests, most of whom are not prepared or expecting this on their vacation. We still enjoyed our stay however and are preparing to return in June when the outdoor pool will hopefully be open!

Room Tip: check the pictures on the web site
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family