“Excellent value”
Review of Village by the Sea

Village by the Sea
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Wells
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My family enjoyed our stay. The staff was excellent. The rooms are like home away from home. We enjoyed a swim and a relaxing soak in the Jacuzzi after a day in the sun. We liked having a washer dryer in our room. We washed our bathing suits and beach towels daily. We enjoyed coffee on the patio every morning. The dining room has a large table so everyone can sit together for dinner. The staff was helpful with printed directions of places we wanted to go. We will definitely return to this resort.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Mainevacationfun

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We spent a week here and on the whole enjoyed it very much. The accommodation was spacious (as big as many two bedroom apartments), well-appointed, and nicely, if conservatively, furnished. It was scrupulously clean and benefited from a daily touch-up from the cleaning staff. A very minor problem was promptly attended to. Our suite even had a lovely, if distant, view of the salt marsh and the sea beyond. There is only one drawback and that is a lack of soundproofing between units. The people upstairs from us was given to heavy footed pacing and after a while it became annoying. The management is aware of the problem and told me that as units change owners, the new ones are encouraged to install thicker padding oh the floors (which ours, incidentally, seemed to have). If you can book a top-floor unit, it should be a great deal quieter. But, noisy neighbours aside, this is a very pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: Top-floor rooms should be quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have been staying at this resort since I was a child. The only negative thing I will say is that the decor in the rooms could use a bit of an update, but they are always very clean! This was the first time my husband and I have gone away without the kids and we really wanted some quiet time. Well, we certainly got it!! I was a little nervous because there was a wedding that weekend and our building had a lot of young people. I thought it would be really noisy, buy we didn't hear a single peep either night!! It was wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank enicholas83
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights in June for a quick beach trip. The condos are all individually owned, so the decor varies. Ours was ok--not necessarily what I would do for a beach condo, with very dark wood and slightly formal furnishings--but everything was new and very clean. The location is great, although you have to drive to the beach and pay for parking. It's only about a mile, and within 10 miles or so, there are many beach choices. The facility has two nice pools and a hot tub, a game room and a fitness room. Our condo was up on the hill on the second floor and we had a great view. The balcony was our favorite place. It was nice to have a full kitchen so we could eat in for most meals. All in all, a great place to stay in Wells! We'd come back!

Room Tip: Near the top of the hill; second or third floor for best views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mamacitaSantaFe_NM
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Very nice for a weekend Family event. We had several rooms blocked off. Rooms were very spacious and clean. Staff was very friendly and accomodatiing. Very easy access off the Maine turnpike and close to the ocean.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife and I decided to make a "quick" trip to Maine and decided to call The Village By The Sea hotel for a reservation. We have been thinking of doing this for some period of time and I wish that we had done this sooner. We found the accomodations to be very very good. I have stayed at a number of condo/hotels in the past but never did we find one to be as nice and clean and "want to come back" as soon as possible as we did here at The Village By The Sea... The accomdoations, the front office people and the people who do the everyday work were so accomodating and wanting to make sure everything was ok and up to my standards. I truly can't wait for our return visit to maine in the latter part of the Summer or early Fall.. I will return...

Room Tip: We were in a corner suite on the second floor... The view was great !!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vermonter1965
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was my fist time to stay here and found it to be excellent. The staff were exceptional and net all needs in a very timely fashion. The condo was very homey. Amenities were excellent and I made use of them all. I am definitely returning. It was like home away from home.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank vacationer1949
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wells
Hampton Inn & Suites Wells-Ogunquit
#3 of 36 in Ogunquit
Ogunquit River Inn
Ogunquit River Inn
#5 of 29 in Wells

Been to Village by the Sea? Share your experiences!