“Horrible”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wells
New Harbor View Cottages
Ranked #6 of 18 Speciality Lodging in Wells
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Horrible”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Rooms real small, can't walk around the beds, furniture old and need repair.
My Brother fell in one of the chairs and got hurt. went to the office and ask for our money back for we just got there, we could of made a claim on them, but we are not that type of people, and they had a nerve to charge us for the chair, talk about unfair. Like I said we are christian people.
Rent at your own risk.
God Bless

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Joanc1962

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I have stayed at New Harbor View over 3 years, two times at cottage #5, once at cottage #1 and this year at cottage #9. I have found each time the cottages were clean, comfortable, well-maintained and complete in their amenities. The location is excellent..close to the ocean, and fine restaurants. Deb and Adam ford are willing to do what it takes to assure you of an excellent vacation time. I especially a grateful that my dog can accompany me.

Room Tip: Cottage #5 is best for 2 people
New York
Reviewed 26 August 2011

My husband and I have been traveling to Maine each summer for about 6 years now and this is the first time we have stayed at New Harbor View. All in all, we had a pleasant stay but I am compelled to write in order to address several things that, shall we say, surprised me.
1. When we arrived at 3:00PM - the specified check in time, the front door to the office was locked. After walking around back to try to find someone, my husband called the office on his cell phone. The woman who answered kept saying "Hello? Hello? into the phone and when my husband explained that we were out front waiting to check in she said" What time is it?. She then came, unlocked the door and checked us in. Not a very welcoming start....
2. These owners need to hire a landscaper or get out on their grounds and mow the lawn and pull the weeds. The entire place is over grown - the lawn needed mowing and weeds were growing around every cottage and in every flower bed. Certainly not at all what the photos on their web site showed! Really false advertising.
3. After we had packed up to leave and loaded the car, my husband started vacuuming the rugs and floors as per the directions on the information sheet in the cottlage. The ONLY reason I allowed him to is because we follow directions and it was asked of us but I think it is REDICULOUS to expect guests to do this. I can certainly understand taking out the garbage and recycling but vacuum your own cottages after your guests have left. That is why we go on vacation and why pay you!!!!

5 Thank maxandjo
DSFWellsME, Owner at New Harbor View Cottages, responded to this review, 8 September 2011
We are glad this guest and her husband had a great stay and apologize for being out back, upon their arrival. My husband Adam and I do it all. So sometimes we are out back cleaning or weeding, or mowing the lawn. However, we are always near our cell phones, to meet our guests requests or questions. It's been a hot year and the weeds did get a little ahead of us this year. In the busy summer season, we attend to the needs of our guests first and foremost. Other guests have commented on our lovely flowers, which we hand plant every year. New Harbor View Cottages are house keeping cottages, so our guests are responsible for their own housekeeping during their stay. However, we also do a thorough cleaning of each cottage after each departure. At the request of our guests, we provide a vacuum in each cottage. This is most helpful for our guests with pets or children. Our turn over time is short, especially in the summer and it is quite helpful, if the cottages are somewhat neat when we arrive to clean. We're glad this guest and her husband enjoyed their stay and look forward to their next visit.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2011

This year will be our 4th year staying at New Harborview Cottages. We drive 11 hours from Halifax, Nova Scotia and look forward to the warm welcome we always get when we arrive. Deb always arranges to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. The cottages are quiet, clean and well equipped with everything you need for your home away from home. The property has a peaceful private setting with well maintained lawn and gardens. We love that we can bring our dog along and enjoy going for walks to Wells Beach just down the road. After a long day of shopping or taking in the beautiful scenery Maine has to offer we love coming back to the cottage to relax. We look forward to many more visits and lots of great memories!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Northampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We stayed in cottage 5 last year and 1 this year. The cottages are clean and comfortable and the screened in porches are the best. Centrally located you don't even have to take your car out. Adam & Deb are very gracious hosts. The best pet friendly place for the value at the beach!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Pittsfield, Maine
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We have stayed at New Harbor View Cottages several times and we love it there. It is centrally located to all amenities, quiet, comfortable and the owners are very friendly and accomondating. The atmosphere is very relaxing and we have enjoyed meeting the other travelers. Our little Boston Terrier loves it there and loves meeting all the other doggies. :O)
I can't wait to get back there next year and hop in the beautiful, relaxing pool, watch the sunrise over the ocean from the screened porch in the morning with my cup of coffee, walk down to the beach early in the morning and sit outside at night under the stars.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SamPittsfield_Maine
Ware, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I grew up coming to Maine every summer with my family, and I wanted to continue the tradition with my children. About 7 years ago we started to coming to New Harbor View in Wells and we have NEVER been disappointed. My kids are 7 and 11 now, and they look forward to returning every year. There are all different size cottages and each (we have stayed in three styles) has a special charm all its own. The past couple of years, we have chosen the largest one and it is out favorite. It has a full kitchen, two bedrooms each with a full size and twin bed. The living room is spacious and there is a HUGE porch off the back. Each cottage is nestled between pine trees and the owners do such a nice job with the landscaping. The cottages have such a "Maine" feel. They are on rt 1, but you feel like you are in the middle of Maine all snuggled in a cozy cabin. We also love that we can bring our dogs, that truly is a bonus! I can't say enough about how much we love New Harbor View!!!

1 Thank beachtraveler246