“Our favorite place away from Home!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wells
New Harbor View Cottages
Ranked #5 of 17 Speciality Lodging in Wells
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We have been staying at New Harbor view cottages for the last 6 yrs, sometimes twice a year. It is clean, private and peaceful. Cottage 12 is our favorite with 2 comfy bedrooms and a private screened in porch, to star gaze or have an early morning coffee and breakfast. It is close to the beach (less than a mile), and within walking distance to several excellent restaurants. With a clean and safe pool for the family. Pet friendly, so we can take our beloved Sammy with us. Beach motels and hotels are usually moldy and worn...at New Harbor View it is clean with fresh towels, clean sheets, comfortable beds and couch. We consider it the "Jewel of Wells". All the amenities and comforts of home. Deb and Adam Ford are great hosts and see that the cottages are kept in tip top shape. In our younger years, we have stayed at many different places in Wells, Old Orchard and York. We never found a place that we liked enough to return to until we found New Harbor View. I hope if you are planning a trip to Wells you will book your time at New Harbor View...you will not be disappointed!
The Samuels

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 July 2012

My family and I just returned from our Wells, Maine vacation. My husband and I have visited the Wells area for many years but this is the first time we stayed at New Harbor View. We stayed in cabin 12 which was very roomy (two bedrooms) and has a big screened porch. My son and his family of four were in cabin 8 which was also very nice. They had plenty of room for the whole family including their bernese mt. dog!. The cottages were nice and clean and had all amenities that any vacationer would need. The vacuum was especially helpful what with many trips to the beach and the inevitable sand brought back with you. The grandchildren loved the pool and we now have the memory of two of them learning to swim while in Maine. My husband particularly loved that anything he needed was within walking distance - including the beach! The complex was nice and quiet even though it is located on Route 1 (main route), and many of the cabins had pets staying in them. The owners were quick to take care of any problems that arose. We would definitely stay there again! Thanks Deb and Adam for a great week.

Room Tip: both cabins 8 and 12 are very nice two bedroom cottages.
Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Stacie B
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We just returned from our weeks vacation in Maine and truly enjoyed our stay at New Harbor View Cottages. We stayed in Cottage one. there was plenty of room in both bedrooms. We loved that it had a gas stove and gas grill. The place was clean and well ventilated with air conditioning and fans. It was surprisingly quiet considering it is route one. Convinient to the beaches and restaurants. We used the pool quite a bit and found it always clean and warm.
(my grandkids really like the pool). I would stay there again anytime. I think Deb and Adam run a well maintained business and would recommend it to those who are looking for a cottage like experience at the beach. Lana C.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I have been staying at NEW HARBOR VIEW COTTAGES Since 2000, Each Year I Have
spent at least 2 weeks in the Summer, sometimes an additional week in the Fall,or some time In early Spring. You Will not find a place as Comfortable, Peaceful and Well Kept as This "LITTLE PIECE OF HEAVEN" in Wells ME. The owners, Deb and Adam Ford are the Best you will ever find. They are Extremely Kind and most Devoted to their Guest's Needs and Comfort during their Vacation stays. It is also a Big Plus that you can bring your Pets along. My 2 cats have always spent their vacation there with Me,and were able to enjoy the fresh air from the comfort
of the screened in porches (while lounging in their cat "playpen"). There is so much nearby, Nice Restaurants, Movie Theater, Miniature Golf, a big Hannaford's grocery store all within, walking distance, and of course Wells Beach, just a mile from the Cottages. You can also take theTrolley Ride and go for a Tour around Wells, and Ogunquit.
I Can't say enough about Deb and Adam Ford for providing such a Beautiful and welcoming Vacation Spot. Thank You Deb and Adam !! Rita G Waltham,Ma

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Rooms real small, can't walk around the beds, furniture old and need repair.
My Brother fell in one of the chairs and got hurt. went to the office and ask for our money back for we just got there, we could of made a claim on them, but we are not that type of people, and they had a nerve to charge us for the chair, talk about unfair. Like I said we are christian people.
Rent at your own risk.
God Bless

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Joanc1962
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I have stayed at New Harbor View over 3 years, two times at cottage #5, once at cottage #1 and this year at cottage #9. I have found each time the cottages were clean, comfortable, well-maintained and complete in their amenities. The location is excellent..close to the ocean, and fine restaurants. Deb and Adam ford are willing to do what it takes to assure you of an excellent vacation time. I especially a grateful that my dog can accompany me.

Room Tip: Cottage #5 is best for 2 people
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2011

My husband and I have been traveling to Maine each summer for about 6 years now and this is the first time we have stayed at New Harbor View. All in all, we had a pleasant stay but I am compelled to write in order to address several things that, shall we say, surprised me.
1. When we arrived at 3:00PM - the specified check in time, the front door to the office was locked. After walking around back to try to find someone, my husband called the office on his cell phone. The woman who answered kept saying "Hello? Hello? into the phone and when my husband explained that we were out front waiting to check in she said" What time is it?. She then came, unlocked the door and checked us in. Not a very welcoming start....
2. These owners need to hire a landscaper or get out on their grounds and mow the lawn and pull the weeds. The entire place is over grown - the lawn needed mowing and weeds were growing around every cottage and in every flower bed. Certainly not at all what the photos on their web site showed! Really false advertising.
3. After we had packed up to leave and loaded the car, my husband started vacuuming the rugs and floors as per the directions on the information sheet in the cottlage. The ONLY reason I allowed him to is because we follow directions and it was asked of us but I think it is REDICULOUS to expect guests to do this. I can certainly understand taking out the garbage and recycling but vacuum your own cottages after your guests have left. That is why we go on vacation and why pay you!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank maxandjo
DSFWellsME, Owner at New Harbor View Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2011

We are glad this guest and her husband had a great stay and apologize for being out back, upon their arrival. My husband Adam and I do it all. So sometimes we are out back cleaning or weeding, or mowing the lawn. However, we are always near our cell phones, to meet our guests requests or questions. It's been a hot year and the weeds did get a little ahead of us this year. In the busy summer season, we attend to the needs of our guests first and foremost. Other guests have commented on our lovely flowers, which we hand plant every year. New Harbor View Cottages are house keeping cottages, so our guests are responsible for their own housekeeping during their stay. However, we also do a thorough cleaning of each cottage after each departure. At the request of our guests, we provide a vacuum in each cottage. This is most helpful for our guests with pets or children. Our turn over time is short, especially in the summer and it is quite helpful, if the cottages are somewhat neat when we arrive to clean. We're glad this guest and her husband enjoyed their stay and look forward to their next visit.