“Fresh fantastic pub food.”

Feile Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #21 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We were in Wells for a wedding and mini vacation. We liked this place so much we went twice in three days! The first time was a Sunday night we sat at a booth in the bar. Booths are big...enough for 6 people. We had the nachos o'houlihan which were fantastic. They make the gravy fresh for each batch of nachos! My husband had the bangers and mash which were wonderful (I barely got a taste). I had the butternut squash soup, very good nice and thick too. They have a huge beer selection (which I didn't realize until after I ordered a apple harvest martini) The martini was a nice big one great flavor! My husband tried two different beers. We went back for "burger Monday" the next day and sat at the bar. Great to see all the fire, police and rescue patches on the wall from all over the place. We each got a burger with different additions. The onion rings and friend are great! Our burgers were cooked perfectly and were very tasty. Sunday night they had music and it was a great band! Not too loud either. We would go back if we were in Wells again.

1  Thank stagetek23
There are newer reviews for Feile Restaurant & Pub

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Went there 3 times. The atmosphere changes every night as they have entertainment.
Excellent selection of local mico-breweries and imports. Food is served until 11h and is top notch pub grub. Local bands perform on week ends which recreates the atmosphere of Dublin (its not traditional Irish music though). So look at the schedule to select your night. When no band, quite atmosphere, when a band is playing , expect music until 11h30 and some dancing. Its nice to see regulars coming in and out as this is quite a popular area for tourists during the summer.
Ask for Jimmy, he'll guide you in discovering a new favourite beer.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My mother and I are very picky about corned beef and cabbage as it is one of our favorite meals. We do not like it too salty, too garlicy. In fact, both of us have slightly high blood pressure which means we avoid restaurants that use too much seasoning salt to cover up food that is not very fresh.

I researched this place before bringing my Mom here and based on the mostly-good Trip Advisor reviews, we chose to eat here on a recent visit to our beach house in Southern Maine. As usual, the majority of good reviews were spot-on! We read that someone here visited this place and they did not have the Corned Beef and Cabbage (or they ran out) and the Trip Advisor reviewer said they were told the ingredients were all fresh here and that they did not have a big freezer (or did not use a freezer...sorry...cannot remember exact words). When I read this I thought, "Sounds like MY KIND of place" but I had to make sure they had Corned Beef and Cabbage before we went. They did :-) And wow...we think it was the best we have ever had according to our palates.

In fact, our entire meal was excellent and so well seasoned. We could taste the nuances of the seasonings, herbs, etc. We started by sharing the Brie Fondue (with apricots) and fresh bread. This was perfectly melted and was the ideal blend of savory with just a touch of sweetness. Outstanding! We also shared a salad with Lemon Basil dressing and fresh fennel...some of our favorite ingredients. It was absolutely divine! The fennel, the lemon and basil could all be tasted without an overload of garlic, onion or salt. We could have made a meal out of these appetizers alone. In fact, on my next trip, I plan to do just that!

My Mom had the Corned Beef and Cabbage and we could actually taste the seasonings and food! The best way to describe it is very fresh tasting...very homemade...not "commercial" or cliche. There was no excess garlic or salt covering up the quality of any of these ingredients. I had the haddock (which they will bake instead of fry, if you like). I also asked them to sub in the champs potatoes instead of fries. This was one of the most perfectly baked haddocks I have ever had...and the portion was huge! The potatoes were also so fresh tasting as if I made them at home. Again...no cover-up seasonings. My guess is that the food is fresh and they do not have to hide the flavor.

We took the banana bread pudding to go and it was plenty to share...very rich...not sickening sweet like so many desserts tend to be.

I read on the website that this place has a Culinary Institute of America trained chef. Whoever they have in the kitchen...they know how to season well and not overdo do it! So refreshing! I will be back every time I go to this part of Maine!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stopped in a couple of times for a beer. The bartender Tommy is super friendly and very welcoming and accomodating. He provided samples of his tap options to help us make a selection and remembered us the second time we dropped in many weeks later. the bar ambiance is warm and friendly and it's easy to strike up a conversation.
They offer a nicely prepared burger for only $5.99 if you get there before 5pm.
They have a live band, but I've never been there for the music and can only imagine it would be a great time. If you're looking for a bar, a beer, and a burger - this is it.

1  Thank Rosalie C
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We found this Gem of a restaurant through a dining package at Village by the Sea. We've been back several times since, as my husband fell in love with the Bangers and Mash (which he first tried off my plate on our first visit). In fact, on Labor Day weekend this year my husband suggested we go there for dinner, and we live in CT! We called Village by the Sea to see if they had a room and headed out within the hour. The decor is beautifully done and very creative especially around Halloween. Both the management and waitstaff are very friendly and accommodating. The food is CONSISTENTLY fabulous. They handle a crowd very well. Prices are very reasonable, especially considering the quality and amount of food you get. Libations are quite potent!

Been to Feile Restaurant & Pub? Share your experiences!