“Great Pub Food Great Value”
Review of The Boon Island Ale House - CLOSED

The Boon Island Ale House
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Casual, Comfortably Elegant Chef Inspired Restaurant with a Nautical flare.
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We stay in Ogunquit every summer and are always on the lookout for a decent restaurant that is not about taking advantage of summer tourist. Well we are happy to say this restaurant is the real deal.Pub menu.Good food and service.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We were looking for a place for our wedding, and for our wedding dinner. We were looking for a place that would be fun, relaxed, and affordable. Being as this was our second wedding, we wanted to have the
actual wedding ceremony and an intimate dinner with 20 family members in a place close to our home without much fuss. BIA fit this need perfectly. One of the owners, Tina and her son Stephen, met our needs perfectly. We had 20 people attend our ceremony and dinner. And when people showed up unexpectedly who we didn't know were coming, the staff was unflappable. They just brought in more chairs and more table settings and it seemed as if it was no big deal. We got married outside on their deck under their gazebo. We then headed into the dining room which was beautifully decorated and had an amazing dinner. Guests had a choice of filet mignon, chicken marsala, or porcini raviolis. This was after having beautiful hors d'oeuvres and an amazing salad and the most incredible seafood chowder I have ever eaten. This was followed by chocolate brownie sundaes! Tina's mom, took our wedding photos without being asked, then went home and printed them and brought them back to us, free of charge. This is an amazing restaurant run by a lovely family. They made our wedding and wedding dinner so memorable and fantastic. I highly recommend this restaurant for an event or just for dinner. I can't say enough about how wonderful it was.

2  Thank Judy M
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stopped in this past weekend for dinner and sat at the bar. The bartenders remembered us from our visit back in May! They even remembered our conversation! Love the beer choices and the buffalo chicken sandwich with onion rings. Boon Island will always be on our list of go-to restaurants when we are in Wells. Very comfortable atmosphere!

1  Thank Msmymny
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

This place was one if the nicest places and one of the best meals we had in the Wells/Ogunquit area.

The staff were very friendly. For a family of five there were good options for the kids too. AND in Sunday nights a magician walks around to the tables for slight-of-hand magic tricks. (Don't worry he's not dressed like a magician LOL).

It was also a nice change of all the seafood for me...I had some nice pizza that was great. Some great local beer choices in tap as well. My wife went for the grilled scallops. Amazing quality.

Kids had pizzas, nachos and some shrimp.

It felt like a locals place with some tourists there like us. You can't go wrong here. Nice staff. Fresh food. Good beer.

1  Thank Batterie5
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I are at Boon Island a couple weeks ago and had a great experience. From the hostess when I walked in, my server and the owner who came to check on my experience. I started off with the clam chowder and then had the cheeseburger pizza. The food was amazing and it was topped off with excellent and friendly service. This is a spot I definitely recommend to anyone traveling to Wells, ME.