“Excellent Gourmet Dogs!!”
Review of Yank's Franks - CLOSED

Yank's Franks
Cuisines: American
Description: Excellent new restaurant serving hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, onion rings, chips, chicken, etc., in Wells, Maine.
Reviewed 10 October 2011

A really fun place!! It's obvious that the owner (s) is obsessed with hot dogs and toppings. They try to make everything perfect. We enjoyed it very much.

2  Thank Shoefro
There are newer reviews for Yank's Franks

Reviewed 10 October 2011

Yank's is my choice when I'm hungry and in a hurry. The food is consistently good, the service is fast, the owners are two of the nicest people you'll ever meet, and the place is always spotlessly clean. My favorite is the chili dog, but they have an interesting assortment of dogs and other choices sure to please just about anyone.

2  Thank wellsme
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Small hotdogs with little topping for $4... To expensive, I can make better ones at home

Reviewed 4 July 2011

This was the perfect place to hit on the 4th of July weekend. They specialize in hot dogs, but also have burgers, chicken and an pulled pork sandwiches. We placed our order and went out to sit on one of the picnic tables and just as we were sitting down, they called our number. I had the pulled pork sandwich, which was amazing. I liked it so much I went back in to ask them what the sauce was and it is made by a company in Maine, Denny Mikes, and they sell it in the local grocery store. They also serve really good fries, crispy and hot, just the way I like. My friend tried the Angry Dog which he loved. The place was busy, but they were moving people right through. Will definitely go back. The place was amazingly clean unlike lots of hot dog joints!

2  Thank ComfortFoodLover
Reviewed 29 June 2011

The experience was ok. I ordered my hot dog steamed; it came out grilled. I ordered the Wells Beach Dog, I believe, with the bacon. The bacon was in chunks, very chewy and hard and cooked a few hours prior. I would not get this one again. We would come back but would definitely try something else. Good place for kids, quick stop and if you want something "american", hot dogs, fries and chicken fingers.