“Yank's Franks: Still the Best!”
Review of Yank's Franks - CLOSED

Yank's Franks
Cuisines: American
Description: Excellent new restaurant serving hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, onion rings, chips, chicken, etc., in Wells, Maine.
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Just back from our annual vacation in Wells, Maine, and our third season visiting Yank's Franks. Man! There is nothing like their grilled dog on their buttered grilled hot dog bun. The Yank's Frank is. to. die. for.

With their great food, great prices, friendly staff and clean establishment, it's no wonder Yank's Franks was voted Best Hot Dog in New England this year! I'm already looking forward to next year's visit. :)

1  Thank Frubbinsonthego

Reviewed 28 December 2011

My colleagues and I work in town, and were looking forward to checking out Yank's Franks. I myself ordered a burger, but my friends are true "dog" lovers and ordered a house special hotdog and some other versions. Unfortunately, none of us were impressed with the food. First, it was not cheap. Second, it took a long time for them to cook our order. Third, there was nothing special about any of the food. I'll upload a photo of the YankFrank with fries - really nothing to write home about! My friends didn't like the dogs especially and I thought the hamburger was quite awful (not even made from fresh burger meat, but clearly a pre-formed frozen patty). I'm sorry we won't be back when they re-open next summer.

Reviewed 10 October 2011

A really fun place!! It's obvious that the owner (s) is obsessed with hot dogs and toppings. They try to make everything perfect. We enjoyed it very much.

2  Thank Shoefro
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Yank's is my choice when I'm hungry and in a hurry. The food is consistently good, the service is fast, the owners are two of the nicest people you'll ever meet, and the place is always spotlessly clean. My favorite is the chili dog, but they have an interesting assortment of dogs and other choices sure to please just about anyone.

2  Thank wellsme
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Small hotdogs with little topping for $4... To expensive, I can make better ones at home