“One of my favorite campgrounds”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wells
Wells Beach Resort Campground
Ranked #12 of 18 Speciality Lodging in Wells
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I have been going to Wells Beachresort Camground for over 10 years. I find it clean and and well kept from the pool to the restrooms. As for the rules, yes they enforce them to make it pleasureable for all the considerate campers. The rate's and rules are posted on the web. I feel I get my money's worth with the quality of the campground and location. The manager Elaine has always been very polite and accommodating with all our reservation requests. I have told many of my friends about the campground , that have stayed with all the same positive feedback.

Jim R
South Shore, Ma

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank James R
There are newer reviews for Wells Beach Resort Campground

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Every time I read a review and I find it to be extremely negative I can't help but to correct it. We have been come to Wells Beach Resort Campground for over 10 years. In that time we have stayed in spring, summer, fall and holiday weekends. The staff has ALWAYS been friendly. There are rules and they are enforced.... GOOD!!!! I've been too many campgrounds where pets, kids and adults run wild and are inconsiderate of others. As for the "extras" read their website... it's all spelled out. We've had friends and relatives come to stay with us... we expect an extra charge.... most other campgrounds do the same.... As for Elaine..... She's great. I would recommend this campground to eveyone....

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank George S
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We were camping with our 5 wheel. Because of hurricane Irene, the place that we originally going to camp was evacuated. Accidently I chosed this campground. The name is RV Resort, but the place isnot consider a RESORT at all, just an average private campground, that charged us over price. When they told us $75/night, I asked if any cheaper site , because I didnot need any cable TV. and the manager said NO, over the phone, by the time we got there,, the place was very quiet. We camped from Friday (august 26/2011) until thursday (9/1/11), with me and my husband and 1 daughter (7 years old), my mom and my aunt came on Monday to Wed, and a families came to visit us at between 17:00-17:30 (2 adult and 3 childrens), cost me total $570. The manager (Elaine) tried to ripped me off extra money when I registered for my mother and my aunt. And also cost me $9/person for visitor to just stay for campfire. Manager screamed on my face, and told me "SORRY, NO REFUND". That was on Monday, and I stayed until Thursday. The only good about the place were next to Mc Donald (WHO...HOO..) and the trolley stop at the gate. Otherwise.....DO NOT CAMP @ WELLS BEACH RV RESORT, Maine. Any complaint, talk to the owner (old lady in 70's Shirley Griffin), unfortunately she wasnot around when I was there.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank surjoto
Reviewed 10 August 2011

location was great but thet's all they have going for them. THe staff and management were the rudest I've ever come across. The park rules were endless. Don't let the pretty website foul you, this place is not worth the experience......Stay Away!!!

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank cmaher1
Reviewed 22 July 2011

This campgound is truly one of the best.......clean clean clean
Close to eveything...trolley stops right at door....$1.00...beautiful pool
clean laundry...sites are perfect. ....water/septic/cable/internet/ very nice
size......perfect place as long as you follow the rules, which are just the norm.
pets on leash pick up/ fires out at 11:30./children at site at 10/ each site has
a nice picnic table and nice fire pit...I WOULD HIGHLY RECCOMMEND THIS
BEAUTIFUL CAMPGROUND. I had company and they were very impressed
with the resort......price was very fair

Room Tip: all sites are really nice/ take the trolly to beach or car free parking
Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank barney064
Reviewed 16 July 2011

This place has got to be the clearest campground I have ever stayed at.
And that just about ends the positive part of my review . This place charges you for any and everything you do. Then you are watched like a hawk to the point where its just not fun. Matter of fact they are just down right rude about it. You kind of get the feeling there security is to protect them from us pesky campers .
A example is the campers next to us had there car parked with a wheel about six inches on the grass they where told to move there car. As they stayed and waited for them to move it !
My sister came in for a night to stay with us which there is a charge for and that is normal . The offending part was at 11:23 they came by told us check out was 11:00 am now she had to pay another day or leave now . How rude can you get I ask?
If camping for you is to unwind and enjoy your family then this is not the place for you. Just trust me spend your money else where. Don't be like me reading reviews thinking naw that's someone that just can't be made happy and try it out yourself as I did because all the bad reviews are very true as we learned.
Please avoid this place as we will never come back I hope to see everyone at another camp ground with a smile on there face!
Happy camping everyone
Jeff

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank carpenterguy66
Reviewed 27 August 2010

We were back to Wells Beach Resort Campground after many years. We had been there 3 times previously. It is, by far, the nicest campground around. It is located on Route 1, between Ogunquit and Kennebunkport, two major touristic areas along the Maine Seacoast. It is a big campground with a hierarchy of sites: the RVs, the trailers, the tent trailers and, in the back, the tents. No need to go to a RV expo: this campground has them all, the biggest and the nicest.

It is very well maintained, with a very clean pool area, a lot of pool chairs, a clean modern laundry and a camp store. Good paved roads except in the tent section, where it is gravel. The restrooms are ordinary although clean. The "water stations" in the back, for the tent section, are dirty and disgusting.

The problem this year, as in the previous years, and from comments we heard is the police type "security" that awaits campers: as you come in, a guard looks you down from under a canopy, mumbles something in his microphone and the registration desk knows you are coming. When we arrived, the guard was absent and the woman at the registration desk looked extremely surprised to see someone asking for a site. "No one saw you coming?" she asked. Mind you, we were not coming to attack her, we just wanted to camp.

Campfires must be out by 11h30. To make sure this will happen, a man in a golf cart goes around at 10h30 to remind it to campers. No "Hi", no "good evening", just "fires must be out by 11h30" and he goes to the next site. This atmosphere is everywhere. The list of rules covers a whole page at the back of the campground plan. They also devised a nice way of charging money: you pay if you have visitors for the day, if they stay the night, to park their car, to put up an extra tent, for more than 2 people in your family (including children!) and I must be forgetting a few.

On Thursdays, they mow the lawn, and you MUST remove everything on the very little piece of grass next to your parking space. People are crowded like sardines to maximize rentability.

This year, the store was not nicely filled like before, lots of junk toys and very little food. There were 2 commemorative plaques near the store for deceased employees: may be this is why there were no nasty, humiliating comments this year about campers, especially French people from Canada (they make at least 33% of the campers) and about people from Maine (!) .

I would recommend this campground just like I would recommend a nicer hotel but the atmosphere is clearly "pay and GO!". Their so-called security seems to protect them from these pesky campers. It feels like they do you a favor by having you stay in their nice place. They will glady take your money; all you have to do next is stay quiet, obey the rules, pay for anything extra and leave before check-out time. They also have interesting reviews on campground review sites.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank givemeabrake
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wells
Hampton Inn & Suites Wells-Ogunquit
Wells - Ogunquit Resort Motel & Cottages
Moody Beach RV Campground
Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground
Wild Acres RV Resort and Campgro...
#4 of 23 in Old Orchard Beach
USA Inn
USA Inn
#15 of 28 in Wells
Ne'r Beach Motel
Ne'r Beach Motel
#11 of 28 in Wells

Been to Wells Beach Resort Campground? Share your experiences!