“Very clean.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wells
Wells Beach Resort Campground
Ranked #11 of 17 Speciality Lodging in Wells
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This campground is in a great location and is well organized. They own the mini-golf course that is located in the front which makes it that much more fun. There are a lot of bike riding that can be done as well. There were to many rules and stipulations for my taste, but it made for a safe enviroment for the family to be. The grounds were very clean and well groomed. It is a nice quiet place to stay.

Room Tip: The further back you park, the greener the grass is and quieter it will be.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 August 2012

This park is outstandin. Sites are well kept and maintained, Staff is friendly and available. The laundry room is clean as well as the restrooms. The park is on the locally trolley route with excess to Kennebuckport all the way to Oqunicutt. Prices are competitive. More than enough room for my 37' motorhome and room for another vehicle. Sites are large. Tjis is our sixth trip and we have stayed at other RV resports in the area, but this the best.

Room Tip: If you do not tow a vehicle this is a great place because the trolley service is outstanding and onl...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RWMLTD
Reviewed 18 August 2012

This campground is in a very busy area and the rv's are packed in pretty tight. It's right next to McDonalds and Rite Aid is a 1 minute, yes, ONE minute walk from the campground. However, it's very clean and very well maintained. It's more of an RV park than a campground. I would recommend it for families with small children in rv's. It has two very nice playgrounds and a very nice, medium size pool. The pool was filled with children when I was there. It's also pretty expensive for a campground/rv park. I would give it 4 stars if it weren't for the high price and the sites being on the small side. As I said it's very clean and well maintained and I really appreciate that. There were a lot of French speaking people there and that was nice. Typical nickel and diming in the store, but this is pretty normal for a campground store. TIP: The thing is there is a Hannaford and a Reny's right across the street (as well as previously mentioned Rite Aid next door), so you can go over there and buy anything you need for less. It's not really camping, but a nice place to put your RV down with all the amenities. It's near Ogunquit and very close to Wells beach. I don't have anything really bad to say, staff were nice, polite if a little paternal. I liked it more than my husband did, but he was looking for a real campground with a lot of natural surroundings, and that is definitely not what this place offers. However, I have seen some other RV parks and they are awful and oppressive looking; if you want a clean RV park with all amenities, close to the beach and price is not an issue, I would definitely go here. If you are looking for a campground away from the hustle and bustle of modern life, definitely do not go here. If you are on a budget, also don't go here. if you like to watch cable TV while you are camping, then DO go here, they have cable for your camper! For Real. Nice for little children and retired folks. They also have mini golf, which I really enjoyed.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BethyNewcomb
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This is good place to stay but at this place everything has a price. When we booked for a week we already know that this campground was the most expensive in Wells but it was ok for us. We learn when we check-in that the price includes only 2 adult, no child!!! We have to pay an extra for each of our child for each day that we stay. Incredible, a campground where we have an extra for our child!! 10 buck per day per kid... 100 buck for our five nights stays... and all they are able to answer to us is that we can leave if we are not happy.

The campground is nice, clean and quiet. A last thing bothers us during our stays is that we had to turn our RV after one night because they don't accept reverse parking. It's the first place I saw that we can't turn our RV to be able to see are neighbors (our friends).

So for all of these reasons, I'll never go back again to this place. 90$ per night for a 4 people family is too expensive for a campground

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank sebastien b
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This is our 2nd visit. My wife, myself and our 40ft motor home were here last year, late August into Octber. We hadn't planed on staying that long, but just couldn't tear ourselves away. Before we left, we rebooked for the entire season this year (basically May 15 - Oct 15).

I had some time on my hands today and decided to check out the reviews. I was totally surprised to see anything negative. I spent 45 years in the hospitality industry and went from pot washer to upper management in firms that owned/managed all manner of hotels, restaurants, resorts and, yes, even campgrounds. Believe me, I know quality and I know customer service. As far as I'm concerned, Wells Beach Resort excels at both. Clean and well maintained, yes. Policies enforced that ensure everyone's enjoyment, thank God. Pricey, maybe, but check out the competition. The price is worth it. Shirley, the owner, and Elaine, the manager, are both terrific and helpful. The staff at the desk and the rest of the workkampers do everything in their power to ensure a safe and enjoyable stay. 'Nuff said.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Harry H
Reviewed 25 June 2012

joe and joan marabello and their adult chidren are the most gracious, helpfull people you could ever have the pleasure of meeting, there is nothing they will not do to make you feel welcomed, and have a great time camping. we have been camping here for 15 years, it really upsets me to see a review about smoke from a campfire, by a misersable person and his million dollar coach,he also left normandy farms in foxboro,mass. because of noisey children, he should not go to campgrounds, he should find a place and isolate him self instead of complaining, about a great family and staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank frederick1141
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Wells beach resort campground is just as most have said. It IS very clean and tidy. There ARE lots of rules that ARE enforced by the campground, albeit quite obnoxiously in my opinion. But everyone has a choice whether or not to stay here. When I hear the word "RESORT" I think the "Four Seasons" hotel chain, or if we are talking campgrounds, I am thinking Normandy Farms in MA or Bayley's CG in Scarborough ME. This CG is next to the "golden arches" (McDonalds) and it should be noted that this is well within view of this camground, it is seperated by a chain link fence. In front of this campground is a mini golf that may be owned by the campground. There is a large swimming pool that is kept very clean. I find this campground very expensive (what most camp resorts charge, if not more), charging "Resort" prices but no resort in site. This is a campground, on a very busy section of US Route 1 in Wells, a very congested area. It is close to everything and within walking distance to many shops and restaurants. If you don't mind the congestion, this is the place for you. I also did find the office staff very friendly, to be perfectly honest. Customer service goes a long way with me!

Room Tip: Choose a site near the back away from RT 1 - but it will cost you.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family