“Nice campground in excellent location!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wells
Wells Beach Resort Campground
Ranked #12 of 17 Speciality Lodging in Wells
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We spent two nights at the Wells Resort and found it to be very nice and well kept. I appreciate rules for the enjoyment of all and the staff members we came into contact with were very pleasant. It is a nice location to be able to reach many points of interest. Nice that it is on the Trolley line.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennylcarrico

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Just spent 6 nights / 7 days here and this is by far the nicest campground I've ever been to. Staff were extremely friendly, the grounds are spotless, the pool was perfect, bathrooms and showers incredibly clean, even the laundry room was well maintained.

I don't understand all the negative reviews about this place, maybe I didn't meet the one bad egg, but I did interact with many people from the front desk, to security guys to the grounds crew and all were very friendly.

There are many rules, as there should be, everyone around us, including ourselves followed the rules and there were no issues. One night the security guard stopped by our site around 11:00pm and just said "don't forget fires are out at 11:30pm", he was very nice about it, just a reminder, I said ok, no problem and thank you and off he went...maybe if I acted like a jerk he would have bit back, but a little please and thank you go a long ways.

We had 4, very active, children with us, all obeyed the rules and never once did they need to be spoken to by the staff.

I would absolutely stay here and highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice clean campground.

For cost, yes its a little pricey, however, I feel you get what you pay for, very clean, safe environment, wifi, multiple play grounds, movie nights for the kids, etc... I also looked up other campgrounds in MA, NH and ME and many of them are also pricing their nights based on just 2 persons and then each additional person is an additional cost.

Room Tip: Request sites near the middle restrooms and playground, lots of tree cover, close to restrooms and k...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Keith D
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Have stayed at this campground for many years and every year it gets worse. If you need help from someone other than the check in clerks, ie the manager, you are treated poorly - she should be fired! This isn't only my opinion, other campers that have stayed here have the same opinion - even the seasonal campers. They may think that they have a captive audience, but they don't, especially when you don't see a campground full on the 4th of July weekend. The price keeps going up and the amenities down. Not that many years ago we used to have a trash barrel on our site, that the campground emptied, not any more. Beautiful surroundings - to bad the people that run the place don't treat their customers with more regard. Will miss the beauty, but not the mistreatment, we will never camp here again - remember campground owner & manager that there other kids on the block and they do care about their customers!!! Adios Amigos

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I guess we all have had bad experiences at this campground. My tire was 2" on the so called grass,I have better grass in my basement, The man on the golf cart would not leave til I moved the truck off the grass, I have camped for over 35 years, I have never seen rules like they have, They nickel and dime you to death. they start at 9:00 pm telling you to have the fire out by 11:30. I told them I read the rules and I'm 62 years old and very responsible, Too much to deal with here when you come to the area to relax. We now camp at The Sea Vu just up the road. Very nice folks and a very nice campground with a view of the ocean.

Rick from Maine

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This facility is located perfectly near the island. The facility has very good facilities,laundry, restrooms,fire pits pads etc.We had plenty of room for our 40'. There are a lot of rules but as long as they enforce them for everyone it means a fair playing field and a safe property. There was a good grocery store and a pharmacy within a block. It was easy to get in and out and detach our tow vehicle. It is located about one hour from Portland and is easy to reach from the turnpike.

Room Tip: There is a great variety of spaces and services available some are accessed easier than others. I wo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2012

This campground is very nice. As others have said, great location, very clean, well kept and maintained. It is however very pricy, but one expects that being the location is Wells. Everything in Wells and Ogunquit is expensive. But we keep going every year anyway as it is a short drive from Montreal to get to the ocean. And the beaches are incredible. HOWEVER, this was our first time camping in the area as we normally stay in a hotel. We chose Wells Beach Resort as it has a great reputation and is one of the nicest one around apparently. But let's face it, it's a clean campground close to the ocean. That's it!!! I've seen campgrounds just as nice at $38.00 a night including cable. BUT WHAT GOT TO US THE MOST is the manager. Not sure what her name was, possibly the same one that's mentioned in another review dated 2011!! We got there expecting to have a nice lot. We did realize they could not guarantee any lots, but we did e:mail them mentioning it would be nice of them to assign us any lot number, but in a nice area since it was our first time and we were also bringing friends that had never been in a 5thwheel before (so $99.00 per night). They replied back saying no problem they would make sure we were satisfied. Then a few weeks later I called them to add an extra night and again mentioned we would really appreciate a nice spot. Again, same nice polite response saying no problem. We get there last week (Labor day weekend) to find they had assigned us the most terrible lot on the campground. It is right in front of the registration desk beside a parking spot where people park for registration or before leaving EARLY IN THE MORNING. It is long enough for our large 5thwheel, but pretty narrow and our picnic table is about 2 feet from our neighbors sewer??? So parking in our living side window and sewer beside our table. I tried to get another lot, but the lady said NO SWITCHING. I'm not switching....I just got here and want to be ASSIGNED a nicer lot. I asked to see the manager and I politely ask her the same thing. She said NO SWITCHING it's written on the sign outside. I explain my situation again, and she tells me she can reimburse me if I want. I ask her where exactly does she think we'll stay labour day weekend, or did she expect us to drive back 7 hours to Montreal. She tells me she'll try to find another campground for us, using a very impolite tone of voice with a sarcastic look on her face. The customers behind me seemed very surprised at her comments to me and one of them told me when I left that this was totally unacceptable. So off I went to get set up in our parking style lot. We did have a nice weekend anyway, but surely not because of Wells Beach Resort. I have to add however that the person at the registration desk was very nice and did apologize. She did remember my request, but not her fault if not taken into consideration and that the manager is a very rude person. I guess that's how some resorts!!!!!!campground end up being when they are very popular and doing well. But one musts remember that the US is having a rough time and nobody can afford loosing a customer. I know of some other places that were doing very well and had to shut down recently. And bottom line, there is NO reason to be rude towards a customer unless he is being abusive or violent. So if you want to go to Wells Beach Resort, make sure you don't have to deal with the manager.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank BabeLaval
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This campground is in a great location and is well organized. They own the mini-golf course that is located in the front which makes it that much more fun. There are a lot of bike riding that can be done as well. There were to many rules and stipulations for my taste, but it made for a safe enviroment for the family to be. The grounds were very clean and well groomed. It is a nice quiet place to stay.

Room Tip: The further back you park, the greener the grass is and quieter it will be.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business