“Great little family get-away”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wells
Wells Beach Resort Campground
Ranked #12 of 17 Speciality Lodging in Wells
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We had a great experience at this campground. Wells in general is a fantastic family vacation destination, and this campground is in the heart of it all. In short, this is a clean facility with strict regulations that favor the conservative traveler. The clientele range from friendly to introverted. Fear not if you're apprehensive due to other peoples children driving you nuts. Obnoxious kids are quickly dealt with.

We stayed in an C-class RV. Hope to be back next year.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you cant contain your wild side. This is a site that promotes peace and quie...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LukenAnne

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We have been going to Wells Beach Resort Campground for 7 years. It has always been well maintained. The sites are clean, level, great fire pits, streets are paved, bathrooms are very clean. We have never had a bad experience with management.
We had an issue with our electricity shutting off. We reported to the lady behind the desk in the office. Within a few minutes, there was somewhere switching the electric box and never had a problem after that. One year we had bee's in our electric box, reported it and they came out and sprayed them.
There are rules like any campground. These are for a reason. The rules are followed you won't have any problems. If you like to break rules, well then you will have a problem with management like any other campground that is run properly.
I hope you give this campground a chance, I think you will really like it!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Horsemom71
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Wells Beach Resort is truly a one of a kind camping experience. As I entered this gorgeous resort (conveniently located right on route one), I was pleasantly surprised by a wonderful security guard who ushered us in. By the time we got to the main office we were greeted by friendly smiling girls who already had our information ready to go! The office girls were NOTHING in comparison to the wonderful woman in charge. She made sure that we had everything we needed before sending us seamlessly to our site.

The grounds and sites are incredibly well-kept and are immaculately cleaned. The security guards drive around in little golf carts and are very friendly. The rules are consistent and maintain the order of this family oriented campground. We were happy to be able to bring our two pets with no additional charge! Our kids loved the movies that were shown twice a week on a large screen during our two week stay. At the beginning of our trip we bought a few discounted booklets of mini tickets that the kids used throughout our stay. Every time we visited the office with a question, the staff went above and beyond to help us out.

As we were leaving, the manager went out of her way to ask us about our stay. I highly recommend Wells Beach Resort Campground. If you are looking for a fun, beautiful and family friendly place to vacation then look no further!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Camille L
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I had to pay 10$ per night per kids, to have my family with me in that family campground. Plus, another 10$ per extra tents (yes we commit the crime to install small tents for our kids). Very expensive campground, low service, small sites. Save yourself dissapointement, don't go there.

• Stayed: August 2013
7  Thank RejLalum
Reviewed 3 August 2013

First, we were six Camping at this campground altogether and all of us left disappointed (one tent, 2rv and 3trailers)
Second, the problem I see for this under appreciation of the otherwise nice installations is simply a very very very bad management and poor service to the users.
Finally this how my trip ended at the campground: the manager asking/ordering us to move our tent at 9am in the pouring rain the day we were supposed to leave. I tried to argue with this gentlemen (sarcastic) that the borders of each sites were rather unclear or non existing but it was hopeless. I woke up the kids (2-3-10 years old) and my wife and promise them we will never ever come back
This is my story. Take home message: unless there is a new management implemented soon, never will consider going back, horrible experience

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Gabinsky1981
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed here a few years back and I and my family (Wife, 2 kids, and a dog) were out for our morning walk. My wife thought it best that we put in a load of laundry before our walk and return when it was done (20 min or so) to complete the drying process... Anyway long story short. I told my wife to go ahead in and take care of the laundry, and I will wait outside with the Dog. The owner/manager was walking her dog in an area that was not clearly marked (No Dogs) near the maintenance shed, so I walked my dog over this are as well, more so to get out of other peoples way (sidewalk)... Well you would have thought I just killed someone the way this owner/manager treated me. She pick the wrong day to pick a fight with me, as I refused to move off the area until she did and or my wife returned... She didn't so I didn't. This went on for a few minutes, with her telling me how she was the owner and that I had to hear her out. I told her that I would move off this area if she did (Here is the gotcha - she was walking her dog, almost the same size as mine) this continued for about 5 min until my wife returned, and we walked away. We finished up our vacation week, but have never returned to date, I hope one day the resort will go up for sale, so I can buy it and treat people / customers with allot more respect then this lady treated me. To date we have vacation in the area many times but have never gone back to this campground... We now stay at Harbor Hill Campground located in NH

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2013

After reading some review on here I was nervous and almost canceled my reservation. I am certainly glad I didn't.

1. Pets are welcome and handled well here. We have seen tons of dogs. All well behaved and leashed. The only spots they can't go is in the pool area and registration building. That seems like common sense to me.

2. Internet: someone else said you can only sign one computer onto the wireless. It's one device per code. You can get as many codes as you want... Just ask the girls at the desk. We had two phones and two tablets signed on

3. Electric. Seemed ok to us. We had no issues

4. Other reviewers reported lots of rules. Yes. There are rules. Just like most campgrounds in MA and similar to what hotels and motels have. Remember - this is a resort not a wooded state park. Families come here to be safe and have fun. This is not the place to expect to come and have a kegger with your buddy's.

Things here are run safely, orderly, and everyone so far has been super friendly and helpful. Staff and other campers. When I had to add extra days to my reservation the staff was helpful and polite. There was good communication and when ere was a question about my confirmation they even called to,be sure there were no mistakes. The call was from Elaine the manager. She was also polite and helpful. Not sure if its the same person that others have issue with but she as ok to me.

As for complaints about early check in fees etc - I Guess you'd have to run a business to understand that things have to run a certain way on order to function properly and that everyone has to be treated the same. All the rules I've seen help make it easier on campers.

The facility is clean and well kept. There is a trolley stop and it's walking distance to a grocery store and some restaurants.

We will definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family