“Awesome!!!!We will go back EVERY summer!!LOVED IT!!”

The Beaches Motel & Cottages
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Wells
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I can't say enough nice things about Joe & Jessica!!!I had an "issue" with my credit card and was frantic,I called and emailed these AWESOME folks and they reserved a cottage for me EVEN though I didn't have a deposit as I had to cancel my ONLY credit card...The cottages are SUPER clean!!The grounds are super clean!!The pool was SUPER clean!!!We we given loads of towels for bathing,the pool AND beach!!!Service?Well let's just say I never see this couple sit,Towels,toilet paper,EVEN charcole ALWAYS at our service!!Cooking grills...outside seats..picnic tables...They light a fire every night by the pool and have sticks w/marshmellows!I ( They also have an awesome light inside the pool that makes night swimming even more fun) slept awesome and so did my husband and 2 teens & 1 year old granddaughter :) We will be going back!I was sad we only had 3 nights this year to go as hubby had to get back to work but next year we will stay MUCH longer!!Cottage #3 was so sweet..2 bedrooms and a pull out couch we ALL had privacy and there is even a patio outback with lights and a patio set,My kids and husband set it all up for me for my bday!! I am enclosing a few pics of not just the motel/cottages but also whats in the 1-2 mile drive/walk from there!!Location was AWESOME!!So close to EVERYTHING!!Oh ya we forgot bug spray but Jess was fast to share her's!All I can say is if your looking for a clean,well kept,quiet,fun,well ran place to stay with service and smiles GO TO Beaches!You WONT be disappointed :) Thanks again Jess & Joe (((Hugs)) from your VT friends James,Daisy,Andrea,Haley & Lilly <3

Room Tip: Cottage #3 sleeps 5-7 COMFORTABLY Depending on the size of the individual.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Daisy05201

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Wonderful hotel. It was clean, fairly priced and well run. The owners will do anything they can to insure that your stay will be enjoyable. The road is busy but it is close to everything. Lovely flowers and a very clean pool.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jill3399
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I recently spent a weekend getaway at The Beaches Motel & Cottages on the recommendation of my dad, who makes a point to stay here whenever he's in the area. Jess and Joe are simply brilliant! The rooms are comfortable and welcoming; the pool is cleaner than some of the 4-star properties I've travelled to; and the location is hard to beat unless you're swimming in coins à la Scrooge McDuck, and don't mind dropping a mint to stay on the waterfront during peak season.

They offer two types of accommodations; cottages, and motel rooms. We were a family of three, and the motel room was perfect, though we’d preferred the cottage layout, we were only staying two days and unable to secure one unless we spent the weekend. There’s plenty to do in the area. Between mini-golf, shops, restaurants, and the proximity to the beach, all the ingredients for a relaxing weekend getaway are right at your fingertips. We’ll definitely be back. Thanks for an amazing trip!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Rachael H
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This is a Gem on the bustling road of ROUTE 1. A very nice young family running this small motel. Incredibly clean, and comfortable. You can not get a better price for the value. Beds comfortable and great shower. There was a small pool but I did not go in as I was at the beach most of the time. The owner Jessica could not have been nicer. She was incredibly welcoming and the best part is that you can bring your dog. Dogs are not allowed on the beach during the day but can go before 8 am and after 6pm which is a great time to walk the beach anyways...

Room Tip: there are small cottages that have kitchenettes and motel rooms
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank reneemillermiami
Reviewed 8 June 2013

The owners were very welcoming and friendly. The cottage had everything except a phone.
There was plenty of hot water. The kitchenette was terrific and complete with everything we
needed. The room was spotless. Everything was clean, the bed was very comfy, no room
cleaning but we didn't need it. The dog was with us and it was only twenty five dollars extra
for the entire stay to have the dog. We stayed from Sunday to Saturday morning and loved it.
It is on Route 1 in the center of everything. We'd stay again if we go up again.

Room Tip: we had a cabin.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We make our annual trip to Maine every summer and a friend made a recommendation to this place last year and I am glad he did. We had a great room and very friendly staff. You can tell that the owner really cares about this property and the guests. I highly recommend this to anyone looking to stay in Maine and we will be back again for 2013!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I have been traveling to Wells, Maine for many years now, and this summer I tried something different, and I am ever so happy with that decision. Joe and Jess, the owners, make every aspect of the stay feel like a relaxing home. They very much so care about their guests far more than any other place I have ever stayed in the past. It seemed like there was no time in my stay that they did not have their door open to answer any of my questions, and they were constantly caring for the beautiful landscape surrounding the cottages. Their son was always so thrilled to be there and always ready to throw the football around with me for a while. I look forward to my visit next summer, Thanks again guys!

Room Tip: Be sure to make friends with the owners. They are delightfully personable people, and always have so...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends