“Been coming here for decades!” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Egg and I
Ranked #27 of 68 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Breakfast primarily
Buffalo, New York
“Been coming here for decades!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The food is fantastic, inexpensive, and the staff is always courteous and upbeat. We have enjoyed it for decades, me since I was a child. You won't be disappointed.

Visited October 2013

Lynn, Massachusetts
“Go Early - Get Bob's Hash”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stopped for breakfast and was seated right away. Offered coffee - asked for iced coffee - no problem. Lovely large cup of iced coffee with milk. I wanted home made hash - Bob's hash with the eggs benedict was the only choice for me. Crunchy hash brown potatoes - unexpectedly good. Poached eggs were slightly over done, the enlish muffins were soggy, and the hollaindaise was not the best - however, the hash delivered. Yummy, salty goodness.What was even better was the to go menu for a sandwich for the beach. BLT was ready to go when I was ready. Even better, the second cup of coffee to go - was a treat I did not ask for.... This gal got my attention and a better than average gratuity. Will return for sure, trying something different for the main event. They open at 6. Go before 8a unless you want to wait.

Visited June 2014
Franklin, North Carolina
“Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Food was very good, service was great. Atmosphere was great also. Definitely recommend. Very accommodating to the handicapped.

Visited June 2014
Montpelier, Vermont
“Not All It's Cracked Up To Be”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

My friend and I (against our better judgement) made a stop here after hearing all the ooh's and aaahh's about "how WONDERFUL the breakfast is here!". First of all, our waiter was rather weird and on the verge of creepy, which I am sure was his schtick, but it came across as uncomfortable and strangely like a bad string of pick up lines. Yuck.
The coffee was the WORST (as it is in many Maine restaurants, another phenomenon we just don't get) and the service was SLOOOOOOOWWWW....and when the food arrived, it looked like the loneliest bacon and eggs I had ever seen. Sad, soft, and insipid. The toast was cold and limp, and the prices were astronomical for the culinary offering. There are MUCH better places for breakfast, such as Amore, or the Pine Tree Place Cafe and Market. Or Congdon's for that matter. Skip the touristo trap here and explore other options. This Egg is neither fresh nor all it's cracked up to be..

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Albany, New York, United States
“Great Breakfast...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

They serve a great breakfast that isn't expensive and the service is great too.The only thing about it is if you don't get there early there's a long waiting line for service...and they are only open until 1 or 2 PM...

• Visited July 2013