“Easter Dinner”
Review of Bull And Claw

Bull And Claw
Ranked #26 of 70 Restaurants in Wells
Price range: US$5 - US$100
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located in Wells, The Bull N' Claw offers the highest quality seafood and steaks at the most reasonable prices with portions that will make you smile after every scrumptious bite! Over the past 36 years, we've become the destination for visitors to New England to enjoy deliciously fresh local seafood including our famous cape porpoise lobster, always prepared to order. It doesn't get any fresher or any better than Bull N' Claw.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I am so pleased to say that our waitress Amelia went above and beyond her duties for us.....Definitely one of the BEST dining experiences we ever had! Thanks so much for making our Easter holiday so VERY special! Gil & Sherry Bond

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Our final lunch destination during a recent visit awarded my husband and I with a two foot long lobster roll on fresh baguette ($37). The Oyster Stew was exceptional, although pricey at $14 a bowl (10 large oysters in the whole bowl though). The waitress was very accommodating and friendly. A it expensive for lunch but certainly memorable.

1  Thank Mindy417
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This restaurant has always been our standby. When guests come to town (and they do when you spend the summer in this wonderful Maine community) and we want good, wholesome, home-style cooking that doesn't empty your wallet, is in a place that is clean and has the best wait staff in town, we head to the Bull and Claw. The food is consistently outstanding and nowhere else in this town can you get a better deal with the Lobster Roll...and whole lobsters. Sure you can wait in a line elsewhere for the "ambiance" but for our money the Bull and Claw is THE place to go. Shelley on the wait staff is a riot and true professional - attentive and never wrong with her advice. AND let's not forget the wonderful imaginative cocktails - an Easter Peep Martini...unbelievable and delicious. Last Fall it was the pumpkin martini that tasted like a slice of your grandma's pie! Don't pass this up.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My adult son and I saw an advertisement on TV about 4 months ago that was quite humorous. Wells, ME is approximately 75 miles from our home, so we thought that we wouldn't make a special trip, but rather incorporate it into some other trip to southern Maine. Our opportunity came last Saturday night, and we were not disappointed. We arrived around 7:30 PM and the restaurant was quite busy, but we were seated within 5 min. of our entrance and our waitress, Amelia was taking our drink order in very short notice. The hostess and wait staff were very prompt, friendly and of good humor. I had the roast beef which was on the fatty side, but not more so than most cuts like this. That said it was quite tasty and the portions were large. My son had the roast beef and lobster combo, and he too was very pleased with his dinner. The desert menu only had a half dozen items, but the two we selected were very good. Amelia also provided some good advice on whether to have the Caramel Granny Apple Cobbler heated or room temperature. All in all, it was a very good experience, but I thought a little on the expensive side. We will definitely go again.

1  Thank rjsi88
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Went to Bull and Claw for dinner on Saturday night, we were seated quickly no waiting. I love the salad bar that is in a wooden boat. Our waitress Ameila was extremely pleasant and made my husband and I feel like we were home. Our waitress took timer to visit and gives up ideas where we can go and visit while we are on vacation. I had the steak and scallops for dinner and the portions are Big for the price you pay. So many items on the menu to choose from, Its definitely worth going and having a good time.

Been to Bull And Claw? Share your experiences!