“Our first meal on our Vacation in Maine”
Review of Bull And Claw

Bull And Claw
Ranked #23 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Price range: US$5 - US$100
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located in Wells, The Bull N' Claw offers the highest quality seafood and steaks at the most reasonable prices with portions that will make you smile after every scrumptious bite! Over the past 36 years, we've become the destination for visitors to New England to enjoy deliciously fresh local seafood including our famous cape porpoise lobster, always prepared to order. It doesn't get any fresher or any better than Bull N' Claw.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

When we arrived at Bull n Claw it was super busy, in my mind I was questioning the kind of service we would receive. I was very surprised when we had GREAT service and GREAT food!! We came as a party of ten, tired and maybe a bit rowdy after a long days drive up the coast, with some travel hiccups along the way. But as I said the staff and food were great and very inviting. Would totally advise others to stop in....

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

There was a very large striped worm in my three sad wilted ice cold broccoli crowns. My baked potato was cold. My kids fries were cold. Getting drink refills or too go boxes for the other family we dined with was like pulling teeth. The server made jokes about the large worm in my food, and then said it will be Free. Well I sure hope so!!

Steak tasted good but frankly once I saw the large worm I was done. We are a loud bunch and this place was like a carnival with so much noise, slow service, decorations from nineteen dickity two.

Here's hoping no one gets sick tonight. Go somewhere else!!!!!

3  Thank ShaundreaK
BullnClaw, Owner at Bull And Claw, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

“Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.”
“Providing our guests with the best possible food and service has always been our mission… but it’s also our passion!
I take great pride in ensuring food quality and safe handling practices - to ensure that every customer has an enjoyable experience. If there is a problem most people don't make it known, and most owners don't care... as long as they get that buck. I do care! Over the years(42) I've noticed some things about the restaurant business. There are many variables when food is prepared in house and fresh. Unlike most restaurants we avoid processed, precooked, prepackaged and frozen foods, (it's real food) and sometimes things happen.
This problem with a caterpillar on the broccoli is because it's organic, with no pesticides or processing. We make every effort to correct this before we cook it... but this one escaped us!

“If you come back to our restaurant I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me, or the General Manager. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.”

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We left before we could eat. The kitchen was in such a mess the night we went that our waitress actually told us we were better off going somewhere else because it would be an hour for our food (and we had already waited about 20-30 minutes). It was very nice of her to tell us that because most would just let you wait forever (we tipped her anyway). Others had the same problem. It was a little too late to start all over again so.....ice cream for dinner it was!

1  Thank Brenda R
Reviewed 13 August 2014

A friend and I were there for dinner on August 9th ...we had reservations for 8pm and were seated promptly ... Our waitress Amelia was outstanding! Full of life , happy to answer our questions and just fun...we ordered steak and whole lobsters and our food arrived quickly and was cooked to perfection. The salad bar was excellent and offered a large variety of options ...we didn't have desert because we were so full...I would definitely recommend having dinner there to anyone who enjoys a good meal

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Seeing the outside advertisement for lobster rolls, we decided to give the Bull and Claw a try. We were not disappointed. Each lobster roll is made to order but basically it comes on a wonderful roll--more the size of a small grinder--and has just a touch of mayonnaise. It is stuffed with huge pieces of lobster meat as if the meat had just been taken out of the boiled lobster. It was fabulous.

This older restaurant has a very pleasant decor inside and each booth is quite private. There's a salad bar which looked standard. The menu has many choices from meat to fish, but we only tried the lobster so I can't comment on the other entrees. The wait staff was very pleasant.

For those with larger appetites, they also make a 3 FOOT long lobster roll.

Been to Bull And Claw? Share your experiences!