“Great restaurant”

Richard's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 70 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Went to Richard's Seafood Restaurant in Wells, Me on 7/12/14. The service was very good. Waitress, who was working alone, was very friendly and double checked our orders to make sure we got the right ones. There were seven of us with separate checks and there was no problem. I had the clam plate and they were done to perfection. My wife had the lobster roll which she said was excellent. If I am in Wells again I would go back. I would strongly recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Firsttimerafter

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I stopped here not knowing a thing about it, and was delighted by the high quality seafood. Richard's is hidden away off of the beaten path but is well worth it. The fried clams are phenomenal! Great for dine in or take out, as the wait time is minimal.

1  Thank Brian_Bartels
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Sometimes it's nice getting away from the beaches and the traffic. Very nice looking place, nice grounds, good food and service. Super clean appearing and nicely decorated. Probably more of a local restaurant as it's off the beaten track. Husband had fish and chips. I had the fried clam dinner. Both were extremely tasty and done well. This would be a great place to meet friends to enjoy a long, leisurely lunch.

1  Thank ljc2tall
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I took a group of friends here. I’d reserved the gazebo room in the back. It overlooks a small waterfall and a wooded area. The leaves were starting to turn with some oranges and reds beginning to show so the display of early fall color enhanced our visit here.

Friend #1 and Friend #2 ordered the Pot Roast Special. The dish had three slices of pot roast, plus a large mound of smashed potatoes and a vegetable.

Friend #3 and Friend #4 had the $8.95 lobster stew as an appetizer. The stew had about 2 oz of chunks of tender lobster meat. For the main course, Friend #3 had the Strip Clams with onion rings from the Small Appetites section of the menu. Friend #4 had a small side order of fried whole clams at $11.95.

Friend #5 had the Fish Wrap with French Fries Special.

Friend #6 ordered the Fried Oysters Special which came with French fries.

They all liked their meals.

Friend #7 ordered the Chicken Burger at $7.95, expecting a broiled patty of ground chicken. Instead, it turned out to be fried chicken tenders in a hamburger bun. She dislikes fried food, so she was not happy with her meal.

I ordered the Scallops from the Small Appetites section of the menu. Normally, they are fried and come with French fries, but the owner Debbie is very accommodating so I had my scallops broiled and with coleslaw. My food was good, but I would have liked more than 7 small bay scallops for the $12.95 price. The coleslaw was good.

Some meals were better values than others so the VALUE part of the rating here is average.

Overall, it was a good dining experience for my group.

1  Thank Maurene_K
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Being someone who has been a life long resident of Wells, it's nice to find a place in the summer time where you don't have to wait for hours to get in. The food is wonderful and the wait staff are friendly and attentive. I recently took friends 'from away' for lunch and they loved it. We also took another couple and they were very impressed. The food is excellent, from seafood to meatloaf and pot roast and everything in between. The desserts are wonderful, too. We recommend Richard's Seafood Restaurant.

1  Thank Peke47