“Friendly, Great People, Terrific Food”
Review of Mike's Clam Shack

Mike's Clam Shack
Ranked #9 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lynn, Massachusetts
“Friendly, Great People, Terrific Food”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Early Friday night stop at the bar for a dinner, some drinks, and Fifa. Bar staff extremely friendly and attentive. Comso - perfect - and with extra citrus - just as I asked. Cup o'chowdah - Perfect. Chunks of clams, not over loaded with potato, and creamy but not too thick. Maine Lobstah salad roll - crunch rool, cool, chunky lobster. French fries not great but OK. Too full for dessert but they offered to go. Got the grapenut pudding - delicious the next day. Even tho the bar got busy - there was no rush to move on - I was offered another cocktail and time to relax from my dinner. This is a go back for sure restaurant.

Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Love this Place!!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Every time my wife and I come to Wells our first stop is Mike's. It's a tradition that we have done for years and we don't plan to stop! The other reviews on this site will give anyone thinking about going there all they need to know about the great food, fair prices and superb service. One thing we always do is buy a case of their clam chowder kits. Each kit costs about $12.00 and makes about a half gallon of chowder. The recipe is quite simple - empty the three cans of ingredients and add either water or cream. I always go for the cream as I like my chowder nice and thick. I also add some cut up onions and bits of cooked bacon. It's great way to take a little of Mike's back home with you to tide you over until you get back to Wells. You can buy the chowder kits in the gift shop inside the restaurant or at Mike's fish market which is on the other side of the parking lot. Enjoy!

1 Thank Phil P
Albany, New York, United States
“I would definitely come back to eat here..”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Ate here when I visited a couple of years ago and I'm planning to go again this year...good food,good service,and reasonable prices.

• Visited July 2013
South Dennis, Massachusetts
“Overpriced”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We went here a few years ago and the food was excellent, this time not so much. Shack potatoes dry and tasteless, overall overpriced for what we got. So many restaurants to choose from, no need to settle for mediocre!

Visited June 2014
“Great place for great food.”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

My aunt and I stopped by for lunch on our way home from Kennebunkport. This was our first time because the wait is usually long. The food was excellent - big portions - enough to take some home. Our waitress was extremely friendly and courteous. I'm glad we took the time to stop.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Mike's Clam Shack? Share your experiences!