“Maine Diner”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Long line of people waiting to be seated. Staff are pleasant and helpful. Food is good and worth waiting for. Suggest make plans especially on weekends, to go late lunch, early dinner. Prices are reasonable. Good value for your dollar! Will visit several times during the summer for sandwiches and clam chowder for lunch and for typical breakfast. Recommend to family and friends visiting the area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,398)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

A Locals sports bar on a Route 1. If you keep it simple, you will be a happy camper. Burgers, lobster rolls, sandwiches and clam chowder are very good. Service is generally good and the people pleasant.
Consider it "Cheers North". If you're from the area, then everyone knows your name.

If you're in the neighborhood, stop in for a beer and a bite, hangout for a bit.

2  Thank Bill A
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Early Friday night stop at the bar for a dinner, some drinks, and Fifa. Bar staff extremely friendly and attentive. Comso - perfect - and with extra citrus - just as I asked. Cup o'chowdah - Perfect. Chunks of clams, not over loaded with potato, and creamy but not too thick. Maine Lobstah salad roll - crunch rool, cool, chunky lobster. French fries not great but OK. Too full for dessert but they offered to go. Got the grapenut pudding - delicious the next day. Even tho the bar got busy - there was no rush to move on - I was offered another cocktail and time to relax from my dinner. This is a go back for sure restaurant.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Every time my wife and I come to Wells our first stop is Mike's. It's a tradition that we have done for years and we don't plan to stop! The other reviews on this site will give anyone thinking about going there all they need to know about the great food, fair prices and superb service. One thing we always do is buy a case of their clam chowder kits. Each kit costs about $12.00 and makes about a half gallon of chowder. The recipe is quite simple - empty the three cans of ingredients and add either water or cream. I always go for the cream as I like my chowder nice and thick. I also add some cut up onions and bits of cooked bacon. It's great way to take a little of Mike's back home with you to tide you over until you get back to Wells. You can buy the chowder kits in the gift shop inside the restaurant or at Mike's fish market which is on the other side of the parking lot. Enjoy!

1  Thank Phil P
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Ate here when I visited a couple of years ago and I'm planning to go again this year...good food,good service,and reasonable prices.