“Haven't had a bad meal yet.”
Review of Mike's Clam Shack

Mike's Clam Shack
Ranked #9 of 70 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We eat at Mike's Clam Shack when we visit Wells and we have always had a very good meal. I would suggest going early during high peak vacation season. It is a popular eatery and it is always full around the usual dinner time (7-9PM).

Write a ReviewReviews (1,395)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We make a stop at Mike's part of our annual pilgrimage to/from Nova Scotia. Going both ways, it is the reward for a long day of driving! Mike's is busy but the service is superb and fast. The seafood couldn't be any fresher. We recommend it with enthusiasm.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I ate dinner at Mike's Clam Shack while staying in Wells for the weekend, and we were very pleased with our experience. There was a line out the door and we were told the dining room had a wait of 35-40 mins, but we were able to sit right down at a table in the tavern with no wait at all. Our waitress was friendly, although she didn't stop at our table often because it was so busy, and the prices were quite high, but not any higher than any other seafood restaurant in the area. I had the baked lobster Mac and cheese, which was creamy and absolutely delicious, with large pieces of lobster in it. Our bacon wrapped scallops were tender and hot, and my boyfriend had the steamed clams, which were very good. Definitely try this place out!

2  Thank Elizmacmaster
Reviewed 2 July 2014

wanted to take some lobsters back to Nebraska to share the bounty with friends, hotel recommended the fish market associated with Mike's. They did a fantastic job packing them up the evening before we left, 24 hours later there we were with live lobsters ready to cook. And they were great....!!!!

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Picked Mike's because any place with that many cars on a Tuesday night should be good. Super friendly staff on the front door and great wait staff. Our meals were all terrific. I had the stuffed sole special...yum! My husband had surf and turf with to die for clam strips... light and tender. And my son had a hugh hamburger. Fabulous meal!