“Maniax now a scam”
Review of Mainiax Restaurant - CLOSED

Mainiax Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We have been going to Maniax Restaurant in Wells, Maine for several years now. F or Christmas last year I purchased $120.00 worth of gift certificates for my daughters. We were in Maine last weekend. I tried to call them as our party was large and did not get an answer. We drove up anyways and found they were closed. Employees were there packing up booths, tables, etc. so went in the back. There I spoke to a man who I believe was the manager or owner. I told him we had gift certificates that needed to be reimbursed. He told me to write a comment on their web site and I would get reimbursed. I tried multiple times but web site would not send the comment. When I got home I made several phone calls to Wells Chamber of Commerce (they are not a member), Wells Town Hall, ad police. Went on the BBB web site who gave me the number for the attorney generals office. Left message in Wells but got a hold of AG in Vermont who had me file a claim in their office. Its now in the hands of Vt Attorney General as they do not respond. I don't think they have any intention of refunding my money.

1  Thank Barbara C
Mainiax, General Manager at Mainiax Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

Unfortunately we have closed our doors! We have reimbursed gift certificates to customers that have presented us with the gift certificates, or a receipt for the purchase. We simply can't reimburse anyone walking through the door claiming to have bought certificates with no validation. The manager was correct in sending you to the website for information. Thank you for being a loyal customer!

There are newer reviews for Mainiax Restaurant

Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

They have many soups and sandwiches for lunch and are pretty cheap for what you get. It's a great way to enjoy a meal if you are looking to conserve cash or have to feed many people. The staff is decent and attentive and the restaurant looked like it was recently redone and very clean. They have a mini gift shop area up front and there's was never a wait for us. Overall a decent little place and kid friendly

1  Thank Eme1002
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We have driven past Maniax many times and I told my wife that when we bring our grandchildren to Maine, we can take them to Maniax because it looks like a fun kid's place. This past weekend we had our grandchildren so we went to Mainiax for dinner. Okay it might be fun for kids, but the food is just too mediocre for words.
I, take that back, the clam chowder was very good.
Most of the food was quite tasteless.
I had a BLT which look beautiful when served, but had no taste. It had very thick bread and extremely thin bacon resutling in a lot of nothing in your mouth. My wife had the ribs which were so dry she needed an additional helping of BBQ sauce.
I would skip it. There are just too many other good places.
The service was very good and the place is nicely decorated for the kids.

1  Thank MeridenTravelers

Thank you for dining at Mainiax! Our BLT is served with 5 strips of bacon lettuce and 4 tomato slices on texas toast this is the first complaint we have fielded on a $5.95 sandwich and we have served 1000s of them, we do offer salt and pepper shakers at the table for your seasoning pleasure. Our baby back ribs are slow cooked for 7 hours in BBQ sauce then slathered with additional sauce before being served it is one of our more popular items.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

We love going to Mainiaxs when were in Maine and we were were going to get a smores kit to take home for gift for our little cousins.. they didnt have any in stock so we decided to order one.. but the food here is awesome :-)

Reviewed 1 November 2012

I eat here through out my summer stay in Maine. I have only had lunch.
The food is always wonderful and good portions. The staff is friendly and
attentive. Always look forward to my next meal at Mainiax!!