“It was OK”
Review of Clam Shanty - CLOSED

Clam Shanty
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Full Breakfast - Best Fried Clams In Maine!, Maine Lobsters, Clam Chowder and Lobster Rolls in Maine. Clam Shanty - Fried Clams, Seafood, Lobster Rolls, Clam Chowder, Burgers, Boiled Maine Lobsters and Steamers, Haddock, Scallops, Roast Beef, Hot Dogs and Salads
Reviewed 27 December 2013

It was good the first time we went, and we were excited to go back. The second time it wasn't so good. It was OK, but not great. No waitstaff, so you have to order and pick the food up at the counter. We needed extra utensils and had to wait to get them as no one paid attention to us. By the time we got them, the food was only luke warm. Try Mikes Clam Shack a mile or so north, it really is the best seafood in Maine! Sorry Clam Shanty.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Lets start with the good. The food is very good and fair priced the atmosphere is horrible and if you want to sit at the 4 stool bar be prepared to listen to the sad stories of the bar tender and how he doesnt like the management and bring your wallet because a draft beet is going to cost you alot. definately not a place I would go again.

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Order and pickup yourself at the counter. Large selection of foods. Pretty good quality. Not much if you don't eat seafood.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

The food was pretty good. We were in at a slow part of the day and had clam chowder. We needed another spoon and they kept them behind the counter. I stood at the counter for a full 5 minutes with nobody else in line to finally get someone to hand me a new spoon. There was a girl cooking in the kitchen and I tried to tell her 3 times that all I wanted was a spoon and she kept holding her finger up telling me to wait a minute until the original girl who took our order appeared from out of the back and handed me a spoon.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

The food was great and the service was great and welcoming. Good value for your dollar, informal dining.