“Terrific bartender”

Fire N Brew Restaurant
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fire n Brew at Hidden Cove Brewery is a classic American tasting room featuring Hidden Cove's craft ales, We will be offering brewery tours on fridays and saturdays from 12:00 till 4:00 pm. Our tasting room will be open at 3:00 pm monday thru friday and noon on saturdays and sundays.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We live in Wells and rarely go out in tourist season but we didn't want to cook and came in on Saturday night and it was busy just as we suspected. There were a lot of families in the dining room with kids and it was sort of a zoo in there. We decided to eat at the bar. The bartender here is worth coming in alone. I had a watermelon martini and my husband had a bacon bloody mary with cucumber and black ale from the micro brewery next door. It was the best bloody we ever tasted! It was the bartenders own special mix and he wasn't like most bartenders that won't tell you the recipe. He wrote it down for us to make at home even. We had the french onion soup but it was full of grease floating on top. The pizzas here are good and the pastrami is excellent. The bartender was very busy but he is hilarious and had the whole bar laughing. He let us sample a few beers. We never really have more than bud light but Charles with his sarcastic humor told us "he would be our sherpa and follow him into craft beer land." We learned a lot about how they brew it next door and the difderent styles of craft beers. We had a great time! Charles kept us all chatting and laughing. If you are ever in Wells he is worth the stop in here. We will definitely come back. We now have a new favorite place to go in town and a favorite bartender.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We made plans to visit Fire N Brew for the beer and decided to eat when we saw their online menu. Overall it was very average, service was friendly but the food was just ok. They are on the right path but the execution needs to be done a little better.

ChefAdamRyan, Manager at Fire N Brew Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you for your honest opinion of our cuisine, we are striving to hit all the marks for the majority of our clientele. As it is a new staff and new menu we are still working out the kinks and your vote of confidence that we are on the right path only drives us to continue refining our menu.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I knew the place closed during the spring for changes. I thought I would give it another try (not impressed with the first time). The changes didn't help. It wasn't busy and was seated quickly. Our server seemed uneasy and was hard to understand (mumbled his words). Tried the mussels and we were fishy tasting (meaning not fresh). Tried the fish and chips, which were avaerge and probably not worth the price. Also tried the pulled pork, which was extremely DRY!! The person behind me complained about the dry pulled pork and they simple gave her a free dessert. When I mean dry, I mean dehydrated dry!!!
Pricey for the poor quality food.

1  Thank Meiejendnd
ChefAdamRyan, Manager at Fire N Brew Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your review and feedback.

It is very disappointing to hear that your experience here at Fire n Brew was unacceptable and that the quality of our food was not up to our standards. I have personally gone over this matter with my culinary team and the general manager of the restaurant. We are striving to create a memorable experience for our guests while serving a great product at an affordable price for all.

I as the chef take full responsibility for the laps in standards and can only ask that you chock last night up to a fluke and invite you back to give us another shot.

Adam~

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We went here for a quick dinner close to where we were staying not knowing what to expect. The restaurant and bar were busy but we were promptly seated and then promptly greeted by our server. The pretzel was a good appetizer and the bbq chicken (not something I normally would order) was surprisingly good. While waiting for dinner I saw several burgers brought to other tables which looked really good making me wish I had ordered a burger but I wasn't disappointed with the chicken. They were out of the beer I wanted to try but the server was very knowledgable about the beers and offered a good alternative based on the type of beer I prefer. We will definitely be back.

ChefAdamRyan, Manager at Fire N Brew Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for the kind review. We love all of the feedback (good or bad) we get from our guests and use it to help us improve and expand our restaurant. We cannot wait to have you back!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

A group of us went for dinner and drinks. We wanted to go to Billy's on Mile Road but the bar was pretty full. We were glad it was. We went to Fire and Brew and met the bartender Charles. After giving us a run down of all the beers made right next door and let us sample a bunch of them. They had a nice range of beers on tap but we are not all beer drinkers. The food is a combination of pub food and imaginative dishes. We tried the grilled octopus and the dessert "hop pop" and loved it! They have great burgers and we loved the homemade steak fries. They also have really good brick oven pizza. The margarita pizza was my favorite. The real pleasure here was Charles. He had the entire bar talking and laughing. He introduced a few of us to others at the bar like meeting a new friend. He told jokes and even did a magic trick that we still can't figure out! He made some awesome drinks for the non-beer drinkers too. Our only complaint is that the music kept turning off and on through the night. We liked the selection. We were told there was a issue with the antenna. We asked Charles when he works and we are definitely going back soon. We had a great time!

1  Thank SpringfieldCouple

We thank you for your kind review. Charles is a great asset to us and we have passed on your praise. We look forward to having you back!