Although it's been a couple of years since my last stay at this hotel complex, we will certainly be back again.
Its location can't be beat-directly on Wells Beach...with many rooms that open right onto a beach-side patio.
The hotel is convenient to route 1, shopping, gas and food.
General-public parking is tight here in-season, although the hotel does a good job 'guarding' its own designated parking areas.
The rooms are good-spacious, clean and neat. We had a mini-fridge and coffee maker in our room as well as the appropriate bathroom amenities. The property is well-maintained even in the dead of winter.
This stay we tried the 'marsh view' building which was a first for me but very nice.
Customer service at LaFayettes is always top-notch, friendly and helpful; I have never had a negative experience with the folks at check in or while making reservations.
This hotel has a wonderful indoor heated pool and jacuzzi (with a timed waterfall even!), a small reading 'library' and guest-use computers in the lobby, plenty of local tourism information and is adjacent to a small casual (trays/bus your own tables) restaurant.
During this stay (September) the restaurant closed at 2 pm, however we tried a quick breakfast there (complimentary coffee coupons given by the hotel) and it was fine- very quick, nothing fancy but it did the job. (plus, the coffee was HUGE)
Prices at LaFayettes are not bottom of the barrel, but the value is there, found in the excellent location, excellent service and many amenities offered. We will definitely be back the next time we visit Wells.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort is directly on Wells Beach, one of the largest sandy beaches in Maine. We have a complex of nine different buildings, five of which sit right on the beach. Many of our rooms have private balconies with panoramic views of the ocean. We are open year round so you do not need to miss any season. Although summer is certainly the most popular season in Maine, the beauty of this coastal area is enchanting throughout the year. Wells Beach is fun for families. Walk from your room onto the sand to swim, build sand castles, stroll in the surf looking for shells and rocks or just relax and enjoy the feel of the sun on your face while you enjoy the view. The indoor pool and the hot tub with a waterfall are very relaxing after a hot day in the sun. The playground and the arcade will entertain the children after the beach. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lafayette`s Oceanfront Hotel Wells
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Hotel
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Wells
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort Wells, Maine