“Not bad for the price, but don't count on getting any sleep!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wells
Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Wells
Reviewed 7 February 2012

A great place, great location, but be aware that the buildings have paper thin walls; I could here the people loud and clear who were in the room down the hall, and with a room abutting the stairwell, we were up with the first person to leave in the morning. Also, it's pretty ironic that this "Family Foundation" is connected with the cancer center in Brewer when the building and all the rooms have a faint smell of tobacco smoke! We had to keep the fan on with the windows open at night in February!

Room Tip: Your better off staying in the AHmpton Inn down the street.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bob j

Reviewed 29 January 2012

We have been visiting the Lafayette Oceanfront Resort several times each year for over 30 years. We kept coming back for many reasons. We have never encountered a room that wasn't spotlessly clean and well-equipped. The staff has always been courteous, accommodating and have literally "bent over backward" for us. During a couple of years of our visits, I had to have extra furniture in the room to allow for medical equipment I needed during my visit. Not only were they able to provide that extra furniture but also helped us bring our equipment into the room--some of which was very heavy. It is impossible to get a bad room. They are all just steps (literally) away from the beach. The beds are comfortable, the shower water is consistent and there is plently of room. It is a great place for families, couples and relaxing. The sound of the ocean is peacefull and soothing.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lee B
Reviewed 20 November 2011

What a great place! Multiple buildings with numerous room styles to fit everyone's price needs/abilities. We stayed in one of their efficiencies that had ample room for a family to enjoy for a lengthy time-frame without tripping over one another. The one common denominator no matter where you stay on property; location, location, location! Steps away from the beach (literally). Thanks to a fabulous indoor pool this was still a great fall destination too. The staff are super helpful and friendly. And what a nice surprise the water pressure and consistent temperature in the shower were to enjoy (it's the little things when you are away from home). I totally plan on returning to Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort.

Room Tip: they do offer rooms both with and without views so if a view is important to you...specify so
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We traveled with four generations so we had multiple needs. The Lafaette Oceanfront Resort provided easy access to the rooms, (just two steps), a fabulous view of the beach and ocean, and one of the rooms had a large area for gathering that was big enough to let the baby toddle around. I especially enjoyed the double shower heads in the shower.

Room Tip: Some rooms have Tempur-Pedic mattresses.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed at this "resort" because we were in Maine for a party. Here are the pros and cons of the evening:
Pros:
-The location can not be beat. Right on the water.
- The staff is wonderful. Helpful, polite, accommodating. Every single person we encountered was a delight.
- The cost was reasonable for off season ocean front.

Cons:
- The room was in the oldest section of the resort, so keep in mind that other (newer) sections may be better. But the room was small, cramped, old, and had the feel of a Salvation Army Store. Clean, but old. Really really old.
- The bathroom was roughly the size of an Airstream bathroom. If you're there alone, it's not a big deal, but if you are sharing the room with someone, it may take a bit of coordination for the two of you to get ready at the same time.
- The fella that stayed in the room above us walked around quite a bit which we heard all night long. When I say we, I mean my husband. I slept through it, but he heard every footfall. On the plus side, that meant he was awake at 6am so we went out to see the sun rise.

All in all, I thought the resort (I really have a hard time thinking of this place as a resort) was fine for what we needed. I think that a weekend in the summer here would drive me nuts. Too small, too old, too noisy. But one night in the off season - it's fine.

My husband is still peeved with me for picking this place. He hated it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ski_n_Tee
Reviewed 30 September 2011

My mom and I came here for a weekend getaway for some bonding and I couldn't believe how beautiful this place is. We stayed in the beach front lodge the room was so nice and VERY clean the beds are amazing and what a view!!! The staff is very friendly and helpful this will be my new Maine getaway hotel

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2011

This was the last stop on a long trip across Canada and into Maine and down the east coast to home. I wish we could have stayed another night here! There is so much to see and do! The hotel was clean and the view was amazing!!! The sunrise was breath taking!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wells
Hampton Inn & Suites Wells-Ogunquit
#3 of 36 in Ogunquit
The Anchorage By the Sea
The Anchorage By the Sea
#12 of 36 in Ogunquit

Been to Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!