What a great spot for a mid winter retreat to the ocean. We drove up the coast from NH with no particular destination in mind. We did know, however, that we wanted to wake up in the morning looking out at the ocean. We found it. We "splurged" for the top floor of the "deluxe" building at $99 plus tax. The room was cozy and clean with a fridge and microwave. The balcony hung right over the beach. Just what we wanted. The walls were thin and we could easily hear normal conversations from our neighbors. It would have been tough to sleep if we had loud neighbors and I was a bit disappointed that we were in a room right next to someone else when there couldn't have been more than four rooms booked in our building. Overall, a great place to get away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort is directly on Wells Beach, one of the largest sandy beaches in Maine. We have a complex of nine different buildings, five of which sit right on the beach. Many of our rooms have private balconies with panoramic views of the ocean. We are open year round so you do not need to miss any season. Although summer is certainly the most popular season in Maine, the beauty of this coastal area is enchanting throughout the year. Wells Beach is fun for families. Walk from your room onto the sand to swim, build sand castles, stroll in the surf looking for shells and rocks or just relax and enjoy the feel of the sun on your face while you enjoy the view. The indoor pool and the hot tub with a waterfall are very relaxing after a hot day in the sun. The playground and the arcade will entertain the children after the beach. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lafayette`s Oceanfront Hotel Wells
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Hotel
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Wells
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort Wells, Maine