I've been coming here 2-3 times a year for 12 years now, usually October-April. The off-season rates are excellent and I love the quiet beach at those times of year. I avoid the place in the summer; the rates are astronomical and the beach is crazy-crowded. That's to be expected, and some people don't mind, but it's not my style and not in my price range.
Lafeyette's is essentially a motel but I hate to call it that, because it's so much more. It's not quite a "resort", as the name claims, but it's got all the necessary amenities plus an awesome pool and hot tub with waterfall! And it's RIGHT on the ocean! And the rooms have fridges and microwaves! I'm not going to mention the special amenities my favorite rooms have, because then they'd be even more popular and harder for me to book! This is one awesome place and my favorite quick getaway. Oh, and the people at the front desk are friendly and helfpul.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort is directly on Wells Beach, one of the largest sandy beaches in Maine. We have a complex of nine different buildings, five of which sit right on the beach. Many of our rooms have private balconies with panoramic views of the ocean. We are open year round so you do not need to miss any season. Although summer is certainly the most popular season in Maine, the beauty of this coastal area is enchanting throughout the year. Wells Beach is fun for families. Walk from your room onto the sand to swim, build sand castles, stroll in the surf looking for shells and rocks or just relax and enjoy the feel of the sun on your face while you enjoy the view. The indoor pool and the hot tub with a waterfall are very relaxing after a hot day in the sun. The playground and the arcade will entertain the children after the beach. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lafayette`s Oceanfront Hotel Wells
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Hotel
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Wells
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort Wells, Maine