“Second trip-Great food and service once again”
Review of Maine Diner

Maine Diner
Ranked #8 of 70 Restaurants in Wells
Price range: US$0 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We came here last year because of their ratings and visit from Diners Drive In's and Dives and we loved it. Came again this year and it's still fabulous. There is something to be said for having a waitress that is just nice and warm and happy to see you. This trip we got the cod cakes and crab cakes (again). They are still perfect. Crisp on the outside, piping hot on the inside. The onion rings were a little under done, but there was enough for 4 people. Clam chowder was some of the best we have ever had and we live and travel in New England quite a bit. We love you Maine Diner, can't wait to see you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,109)

Reviewed 18 July 2014

It's cramped, but the food is good. The portions aren't huge, but they're decent. I had the lobster pie which was basically lobster, butter and breadcrumbs (thumbs up). Also tried the chowder sampler which was good. I liked the Seafood Chowder the best.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Food is great and service is quick! they definitely get you in and out! Every time I go I always have a great and friendly waitress and they always make sure everything is perfect! I just love it here!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

MIAM !! Can't wait to come back and eat another delicious lobster roll ! Everybody enjoyed their plates !!

1  Thank Patricia V
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Such delicious food! Well deserved accolades for serving the most people in the smallest space: over 5,000,000 and counting. It's breathtaking to watch the staff working like a well-oiled machine and knowing they do this day after day. We ate dinner and returned for breakfast a couple days later. I'll cherish my tee, as wearing it will bring back the memory of wonderful food in a happy atmosphere.

Been to Maine Diner? Share your experiences!