“A great place for an average breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 68 Restaurants in Wells
Price range: US$0 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Diner, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bristol, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great place for an average breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

The atmosphere and service was fantastic! Prices were great, but the food was definitely nothing more than average. No complaints, but nothing special either. Seating was tight.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Columbia, South Carolina
“Want Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We went to the Maine Diner after a rather lengthy wait we got two seats at the counter, at first I wasn't too happy about that but soon found out it was the best two seats in the Restruant. I ordered two pancakes sausage bacon eggs and toast. While waiting for our food we were introduced to Pat needless to say she made our day. After only a few minutes we'd felt like we'd been here before. The banter between customers and staff was a joy to watch. Now came the food and all I can say is don't order what I did unless you bring your appetite! Those were two of the largest pancakes I've ever seen. If your ever in Wells you have to go there best food and service by far!

Visited July 2014
“Second trip-Great food and service once again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We came here last year because of their ratings and visit from Diners Drive In's and Dives and we loved it. Came again this year and it's still fabulous. There is something to be said for having a waitress that is just nice and warm and happy to see you. This trip we got the cod cakes and crab cakes (again). They are still perfect. Crisp on the outside, piping hot on the inside. The onion rings were a little under done, but there was enough for 4 people. Clam chowder was some of the best we have ever had and we live and travel in New England quite a bit. We love you Maine Diner, can't wait to see you again.

“Guy Fieri was right”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

It's cramped, but the food is good. The portions aren't huge, but they're decent. I had the lobster pie which was basically lobster, butter and breadcrumbs (thumbs up). Also tried the chowder sampler which was good. I liked the Seafood Chowder the best.

Wellington, Florida
“love their food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Food is great and service is quick! they definitely get you in and out! Every time I go I always have a great and friendly waitress and they always make sure everything is perfect! I just love it here!

Visited June 2014

Been to Maine Diner? Share your experiences!